Celebrity 5 Go Barging 2019

Jo_

Featured Posts

I assume that's what Shaun Edwards was on about this morning. He's on a narrowboat 'around the Potteries' and sworn to secrecy but is with an 'eminent politician, journalist and two show business legends'. He was chatting with our morning presenter on local radio. So if you're out and about on the T&M, keep your eyes open because I guess they're filming it at the moment.

10 minutes ago, Jo_ said:

I assume that's what Shaun Edwards was on about this morning. He's on a narrowboat 'around the Potteries' and sworn to secrecy but is with an 'eminent politician, journalist and two show business legends'. He was chatting with our morning presenter on local radio. So if you're out and about on the T&M, keep your eyes open because I guess they're filming it at the moment.

Eminent Politician? I certainly cannot think of even one of those anymore.

• Happy 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rob-M said:

Who's Shaun Edwards...?

I was thinking that but I watched a celebrity quiz programme a couple of nights ago and had to google the so called celebrities as I didnt recognise any of them. It seems a celebrity is someone who did something or other once within the last fifty years.

• Greenie 2

3 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

Who's Shaun Edwards...?

My apologies. I meant Shaun Williamson. Shows how passionately I follow this stuff! Shaun is/was Barry from Eastenders and seems to appear in lots of TV things.

Edited by Jo_

3 minutes ago, Jo_ said:

My apologies. I meant Shaun Williamson. Shows how passionately I follow this stuff!

Who the hell is Shaun Williamson? lol Haa ive just googled him and it looks like I am correct in a celebrity is anyone that did something once within the last fifty years lol

Edited by mrsmelly
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

I was thinking that[comma] but I watched a celebrity quiz programme a couple of nights ago and had to google the so called celebrities as I didn't recognise any of them. It seems a celebrity is someone who did something or other once within the last fifty years.

When did you stop your subscription to "Hello" hellomagazinedotcom ? 

I amended your prose, added a missing apostrophe etc, no need to give up on punctuation just yet ..................

Hope you don't mind, weep.

Edited by LadyG

3 minutes ago, LadyG said:

When did you stop your subscription to "Hello" hellomagazinedotcom ? 

I amended your prose, added a missing apostrophe etc, no need to give up on punctuation just yet ..................

Hope you don't mind, weep.

I gave up long ago on correct punctuation. Having done some very serious stuff in a previous life time I understand punctuation to be trivia of the lowest order and not even worthy of a mention on the semantic scale ;)

• Greenie 1

1 minute ago, Proper Charlie said:

Dear John,
I want a man who knows what love is all about. You are generous, kind, thoughtful. People who are not like you admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me for other men. I yearn for you. I have no feelings whatsoever when we're apart. I can be forever happy - will you let me be yours?
Gloria

Dear John,
I want a man who knows what love is. All about you are generous, kind,
thoughtful people, who are not like you. Admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me. For other men, I yearn. For you, I have no feelings whatsoever. When we're apart, I can be forever happy. Will you let me be?
Yours,
Gloria

Precisely, Trivia made up to suit the purpose. Trivia thats all.

2 hours ago, Jo_ said:

It is all over Facebook that the celebrities including John Prescott were seen in the Black Lion at Consall Forge recently

Edited by Tim Lewis

Barry from cillit bang?

Has Prescott punched anyone yet?

Reminds me locking down on Boxing Day amongst the gongoozlers was Richard Stilgoe who asked me if the bote was steam powered. Very polite man. He looks just the bloody same!

Edited by mark99

28 minutes ago, Tim Lewis said:

It is all over Facebook that the celebrities including John Prescott were seen in the Black Lion at Consall Forge recently

He was a question in the pub quiz last night, as in what title did he take when booted upstairs to the Lords?

We said Hull but the correct answer was given as 'Lord Prescott of Kingston upon Hull'. We didn't get the point. < boo >

We came second last.

?

I reckon there should be a prize for coming second last in a pub quiz. Any pillock, or team thereof, came come last.

But second last requires skill and judgement!

Edited by Victor Vectis