Shallow water boating.....(photos)

NB Esk

Featured Posts

Let's hope CaRT don't see this. They might not notice the date. No more water shortages. No more lock maintenance. No more grumpy fishermen. Much more wellbeing all round! Tarmac over the canal bed for easier boat movement and cycling. There is a historic precedent. Much of the Glamorganshire Canal is now the A470. When you drive along it you'll find it is flat, with short inclines where each lock used to be.

Jen

• Happy 1

Expecting the "wheels" back from the engineers this morning.  They've promised a twelve noon deadline.  Had to have them specially made as they are tapered to fit the profile of the canal bed, (think road roller but conical).

• Haha 1

You complicate things too much. I have fitted a stern thruster and put nozzles on the bow and stern thrusters so I can point them DOWN. Now I can play with my joystick and with the Beta at 10,000 rpm we HOVER!

13 minutes ago, Bee said:

You complicate things too much. I have fitted a stern thruster and put nozzles on the bow and stern thrusters so I can point them DOWN. Now I can play with my joystick and with the Beta at 10,000 rpm we HOVER!

Beta engine? You wuss!

8 minutes ago, NB Lola said:

Less about your joystick please!

Too true....family forum innit.....

See, this is what happens.....thousands invested in R&D and all you lot can do is pour scorn on it....

2 hours ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

Let's hope CaRT don't see this. They might not notice the date. No more water shortages. No more lock maintenance. No more grumpy fishermen. Much more wellbeing all round! Tarmac over the canal bed for easier boat movement and cycling. There is a historic precedent. Much of the Glamorganshire Canal is now the A470. When you drive along it you'll find it is flat, with short inclines where each lock used to be.

Jen

Just as the Wisbech Canal is now the A1101

6 hours ago, NB Esk said:

Too true....family forum innit.....

See, this is what happens.....thousands invested in R&D and all you lot can do is pour scorn on it....

Too true, a prophet is rarely recognised in his own land,or Canal in this case!!??

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Bee said:

Fit an F1 engine. I saw over the weekend that they now rev in excess of 13000 RPM