Its started !

CompairHolman

Featured Posts

The season is here again, when the boats all come out of the marinas and travel miles out into the countryside , navigating miles of canals, dozens of locks to find the most quiet spot with the best view, then moor up, put up their satellite dish, start their generator and spend their time watching TV inside , while ruining the peace and quiet , and not going outside except to throw coal ash in the hedge to make sure the next person moors by a slag heap.

I wonder why these people want to watch TV in various remote scenic locations around the canal system, wouldn't it be easier just to stay put, and get Sky plus ?

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, CompairHolman said:

The season is here again, when the boats all come out of the marinas and travel miles out into the countryside , navigating miles of canals, dozens of locks to find the most quiet spot with the best view, then moor up, put up their satellite dish, start their generator and spend their time watching TV inside , while ruining the peace and quiet , and not going outside except to throw coal ash in the hedge to make sure the next person moors by a slag heap.

I wonder why these people want to watch TV in various remote scenic locations around the canal system, wouldn't it be easier just to stay put, and get Sky plus ?

There is no season. My licence runs for twelve months. 

• Greenie 2

But if this spot has peace and quiet, it is because there's no one else there. Ergo, the running of a generator will not disturb anyone.

i do wonder, if this boat has travelled miles and miles, its batteries will be fully charged; so why would its crew need to run the generator?

But then, I have just realised what today's date is.