BSS Question re Gas Lockers

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Unless he continues complaining about being trolled by people just offering up sound technical advice

He’s not been back for nearly 24 hours so maybe he’s had enough. 

4 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Work is a 4-letter word and should be banned.

My mother always told me to avoid 4-letter words.  I always insist that's why I don't like "work".

"Beer" and "wine" are also four letter words, but not if you have more than one of them ...

• Haha 1

On 08/04/2019 at 20:00, WotEver said:

He’s not been back for nearly 24 hours so maybe he’s had enough. 

Yes to be honest I have had enough I was asked to explain what happened by Alan for the benefit of others and did so in order to educate others of the pitfalls of not following guidelines with the people you use to install systems such as gas.  I then get a load of XXXX for not following RCD compliance which is totally irrelevant in the discussion and not that it is anybody's business RCD compliance has been followed throughout the boat in case we want to sell not because we suck up to EU Law which I totally oppose quite simply to ensure we are ready if we sell.  I do not have to explain anything or justify anything to any of you including Mike the Boilerman who does not own this forum and did not read what happened correctly before making random accusations to inflame the post which clearly it did.  As I have already said there are some on this forum that give sound advice which is appreciated and there are some on this forum that just have nothing better to do than be rude, troll and turn a thread into an argument.  I am not interested in that sort of behavior so yes I have had enough I grew up a long time ago and left school many many years ago so not interested in these playground tactics it is pathetic and makes me wonder who these people really are to behave like that.  I am not whining I have had enough of this forum quite simply because it is good but there is too many idiots on here which is outweighing what is good about it and seriously is putting me off wanting to be on the canals with people like that !!  It is just pathetic

• Greenie 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Peter009 said:

Yes to be honest I have had enough

Try to stick with it - there is a lot of assistance and guidance you will need over the next few months, and even when you get onto the water.

That assistance is available here - even tho' it may not be what you want to hear - building a gas locker that does not even comply with the BSS let alone the RCD shows that you have chosen the wrong 'builder'. Ask for help / suggestions & ye shall receive.

It would be a shame to throw away the baby with the bathwater.

You can always ignore the stuff that irritates you.

Edited by Alan de Enfield
  • Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Peter009 said:

Yes to be honest I have had enough I was asked to explain what happened by Alan for the benefit of others and did so in order to educate others of the pitfalls of not following guidelines with the people you use to install systems such as gas.  I then get a load of XXXX for not following RCD compliance which is totally irrelevant in the discussion and not that it is anybody's business RCD compliance has been followed throughout the boat in case we want to sell not because we suck up to EU Law which I totally oppose quite simply to ensure we are ready if we sell.  I do not have to explain anything or justify anything to any of you including Mike the Boilerman who does not own this forum and did not read what happened correctly before making random accusations to inflame the post which clearly it did.  As I have already said there are some on this forum that give sound advice which is appreciated and there are some on this forum that just have nothing better to do than be rude, troll and turn a thread into an argument.  I am not interested in that sort of behavior so yes I have had enough I grew up a long time ago and left school many many years ago so not interested in these playground tactics it is pathetic and makes me wonder who these people really are to behave like that.  I am not whining I have had enough of this forum quite simply because it is good but there is too many idiots on here which is outweighing what is good about it and seriously is putting me off wanting to be on the canals with people like that !!  It is just pathetic

Are you sure? Sounds like whining to me.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

You can always ignore the stuff that irritates you.

This point popped up on another thread recently, in that instance about irrelevant ‘humour’.  If you read a post that you don’t like or you don’t believe is pertinent then just skip over it. It’s not like this is real life, it’s only a forum. 

1 hour ago, Peter009 said:

Yes to be honest there is too many idiots on here which is outweighing what is good about it and seriously is putting me off wanting to be on the canals with people like that !!  It is just pathetic

Assuming, which is always a risky business, that as its a quote I cannot be warned, I would like to add my total agreement with this quote.

The silly ones I can ignore, the moaning ones that ask for advice, then spend post after post whining on about how badly done by they are, need to get a life, or a boat and learn how to enjoy what life they have left.

2 hours ago, Peter009 said:

Ok, as you are still at it, I'm publishing the content of the rather silly PM you sent me the other day, as I warned I would do. 

What is your problem ?

Seriously I am really fed up with your tone on my posta.  I do not have to explain myself to you as to what happened when we was ripped off and again and you accuse me again of something I have not done, we have a few weeks to go before we move I am looking for honest decent advice not to be pissed off by your ridiculous attitude and ridiculing me on my posts.  If you have nothing decent to say then don't say anything at all.  Maybe you dont understand that we are under a lot of stress at the moment with the move and just do not need your attitude fed up with it find someone else to troll.  I have absolutely no respect for EU regulations and guess what cant wait until we leave so please do not tell me what to do what I am doing is legal and I dont have to answer to you or anyone for that matter !!!!!

I didn't bother answering as you clearly don't want technical help and advice, you just want people to say "there there never mind isn't it awful, you have been so hard done by..."

• Greenie 1

3 hours ago, Peter009 said:

I am not whining I have had enough of this forum quite simply because it is good but there is too many idiots on here which is outweighing what is good about it and seriously is putting me off wanting to be on the canals with people like that !!  It is just pathetic

1 hour ago, frahkn said:

Are you sure? Sounds like whining to me.

I was going to go with overly emotional and slightly hysterical - but yeah whining fits too. 

:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

I was going to go with overly emotional and slightly hysterical - but yeah whining fits too. 

:rolleyes:

And the whining would be more tolerable if the OP actually added any value or knowledge to the forum. As it is, I only ever see questions from him, then him whining about the answers sometimes followed by drip-feeding in relevant information he should have mentioned in the first place. Then more whining. 

I suppose the mild entertainment we get from the whining could be construed as 'adding value to the forum'...

Or am I being too harsh? 

I did warn the OP he would get it with both barrels if the whining about me continued....

2 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Or am I being too harsh? 

To be frank I can't actually pin point what it is that you did - having read all the threads the OP has started I can't see any posts from anybody that could be considered trolling or even unkind or untruthful (apart from the ones where the OP himself went off on one) so no, I don't understand what his problem is or why he has made a point of singling you out specifically.