How boaters win friends and influence people

Sea Dog

Featured Posts

Talking of inconsiderate boaters I've noticed there's quite a few full black bin bags of rubbish on the offside along the way between Fradley Junction and Great Haywood which means it has to have been from boaters. Some of the bags have been out of sight, but IWA volunteers have been cutting back the offside vegetation on this section (and a great job they've done too) and it's exposed them.

It's the same on the towpath side. Where there are popular moorings, especially where the continuous cruisers moor, the litter in the hedge/ditches is disgusting.

1 hour ago, blackrose said:

A point of order is an appeal to the Chair or Speaker for clarification or for a ruling on a matter of procedure in the House of Commons. I don't think points of order can be raised in the House of Lords.

Not been there for years though. ?

And here on CWF which is not the House of Commons, a Point of Order is to raise a question about a peripheral, trivial and ideally amusing point, irrelevant to the main thrust of the argument with which the order raiser usually agrees. 

:)

2 hours ago, blackrose said:

A point of order is an appeal to the Chair or Speaker for clarification or for a ruling on a matter of procedure in the House of Commons. I don't think points of order can be raised in the House of Lords.

Not been there for years though. ?

The Westminster Old Folks Day Care Centre. Lovely place to go for a cheap subsidised lunch, then a restful snooze on the comfy red benches.

Edited by Jen-in-Wellies
  • Haha 2

As a follow up, the petrol and chain saw itself are not stored on the outside of the unnamed narrowboat, so one can only presume they share the living quarters with the occupant.  Additionally, the rear door and side door were both padlocked from the outside throughout, so the only egress is by the front doors into the well deck where the gas bottles and rubbish are sat.  I've nominated the owner for a preemptive Darwin award in case his BSS inspector doesn't get there in time. ;)

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

As a follow up, the petrol and chain saw itself are not stored on the outside of the unnamed narrowboat, so one can only presume they share the living quarters with the occupant.  Additionally, the rear door and side door were both padlocked from the outside throughout, so the only egress is by the front doors into the well deck where the gas bottles and rubbish are sat.  I've nominated the owner for a preemptive Darwin award in case his BSS inspector doesn't get there in time. ;)

Now there is a point, Have BW or CRT ever been known to board a craft to check it still complies with the BSS? and do they have the powers to do so?

27 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Now there is a point, Have BW or CRT ever been known to board a craft to check it still complies with the BSS? and do they have the powers to do so?

Shouldn't think so, would be like having to have a BSS at random times. Like the MOT, it's a snapshot at regular intervals. What happens in between is up the the boater. 

• Greenie 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Photo needed. ;)