"Vote this up"

dor

Featured Posts

I've only just noticed the arrow on the left of each thread titled "vote this item up".

Is this new?  How does it work?  It appears to only be in the "dog clock" thread (maybe others).

ETA:

Ah, is it something to do with "ask a question"?   If so, as seems likely, how do you make a new topic an "ask a question" one, it doesn't seem to be in the list of locations when you start a new thread.

Edited by dor

11 minutes ago, dor said:

I've only just noticed the arrow on the left of each thread titled "vote this item up".

It's not in all threads just certain ones, pets and animals being one; it would appear that site adim don't think people converse about animals unless it is to ask a question. 

13 minutes ago, dor said:

Ah, is it something to do with "ask a question"?   If so, as seems likely, how do you make a new topic an "ask a question" one, it doesn't seem to be in the list of locations when you start a new thread.

Yes it is but as far as I'm aware you can only make something a question if you are in a section of the forum that is specifically for asking questions, if it says start a topic at the top of the page I don't think you can make an "ask a question" thread. Mods might be able to make it happen if you ask for it, but if they can I don't remember them ever doing it. 

It is, in my opinion a silly addition to the sections it's in and I always sort the thread by time rather than by votes other wise you end up with a thread that makes very little sense. 

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, tree monkey said:

The idea I think, is to ask a technical question and the most accurate answers are voted up which I think moves them closer to the question in the thread.

Daft if you ask me

As to how to start one I have no idea.

I agree the thread ends up disjointed and extremely difficult to follow.

15 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

You have been here long enough to know that's the default setting :D

I don't know about the rest of the site but I do know it's my default setting - I am at my best when I make very little sense :D

• Haha 1

On 31/03/2019 at 17:09, Tumshie said:

; it would appear that site adim don't think people converse about animals unless it is to ask a question. 

Please tell me that this was just a typo.