Headlight, horn and bilge pump switches

blackrose

Featured Posts

48 minutes ago, MartynG said:

Carling switches, I believe

You can get a tool to pop the tops off 

https://www.seabridge-marine.com/Carling_Switch_cap_removal_tool/p2023673_11305852.aspx

or just buy new switches

I am just amazed,

is there no question that cannot be answered by a CWDF member?

Edited by LadyG

1 hour ago, LadyG said:

I am just amazed,

is there no question that cannot be answered by a CWDF member?

Indeed. The power of the internet. 20 years ago when I lived on my first boat, if you wanted to ask a question you could ask a neighbour on the towpath and that was about it. 9 times out of 10 they were wrong. These days you just put out a question, get an instant answer or start a discussion, and at the end of it you'll have some answers and can make your own mind up. You can also go onto YouTube and see how to do practically any job. Isn't it great.

Edited by blackrose
  • Greenie 1
  • Happy 1

1 minute ago, blackrose said:

Indeed. The power of the internet. 20 years ago when I lived on my first boat, if you wanted to ask a question you could ask a neighbour on the towpath and that was about it. 9 times out of 10 they were wrong. These days you just put out a question, get an instant answer or start a discussion, and at the end of it you'll have some answers and can make your own mind up. You can go onto YouTube and see how to practically any job. Isn't it great.

20 years ago, when we first started living aboard, if we had access to a boating forum like this, I expect we wouldn't have bought a boat. We blundered in blind and made it up as we went. 

• Happy 1

48 minutes ago, blackrose said:

Indeed. The power of the internet. 20 years ago when I lived on my first boat, if you wanted to ask a question you could ask a neighbour on the towpath and that was about it. 9 times out of 10 they were wrong. These days you just put out a question, get an instant answer or start a discussion, and at the end of it you'll have some answers and can make your own mind up. You can also go onto YouTube and see how to do practically any job. Isn't it great.

4 hours ago, blackrose said:

Does anyone know if the rocker caps come off these switches for cleaning? 

To save you from dying of boredom, skip to 6 mins on that video above to see how the rocker pops off. 

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, LadyG said:

is there no question that cannot be answered by a CWDF member?

Yes, this one! Oh! 

>>>>

Warning, Russell's paradox territory. If you answer Yes, then you have answered the question and so you should have answered No. If you answer No, then all questions can be answered, but you have answered No and so must have identified a question that cannot be answered. Sorry.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barber_paradox

3 hours ago, Scholar Gypsy said:
  7 hours ago, LadyG said:

is there no question that cannot be answered by a CWDF member?

Yes, this one! Oh! 

>>>>

Warning, Russell's paradox territory. If you answer Yes, then you have answered the question and so you should have answered No. If you answer No, then all questions can be answered, but you have answered No and so must have identified a question that cannot be answered. Sorry.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barber_paradox

....but that is all about a barber shaving himself. That's easy to solve. He gets another barber to do it. Siiiimples!

In the CWDF case, if 'no' it becomes a triple negative so that's not very positive at all.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, MartynG said:

Carling switches, I believe

But I would have expected them to have Black Labels!

EDIT:

You could also muddle them up and put them back in a different order, which should confuse anybody else who ever sters your boat. ☺️

Edited by alan_fincher

1 hour ago, alan_fincher said:

But I would have expected them to have Black Labels!

EDIT:

You could also muddle them up and put them back in a different order, which should confuse anybody else who ever sters your boat. ☺️

Yes, I suppose I could change the battery monitor feeds around so they don't know which bank is the start and domestic, or change the Morse connections around or even put the prop on back to front. That would be really confusing!

6 minutes ago, blackrose said:

Yes, I suppose I could change the battery monitor feeds around so they don't know which bank is the start and domestic, or change the Morse connections around or even put the prop on back to front. That would be really confusing!