Finally got my boat!

vanboosh

Featured Posts

On 29/03/2019 at 20:19, mark99 said:

Imo reverse layout makes theoretical sense. But in practise not so. Mainly due to restricted view. Enjoy your bote. Look forward to your future postings. ;)

Yeah, in the end, as much as I wanted a full width bed across the bow, I figured I spend more time (awake and using my eyes) in the living areas, so it feels more live-able this way.

On 29/03/2019 at 22:03, WotEver said:

Or use two balls. Or even three. 

I feel like questions will be raised in public when I have them stuffed in pockets...

On 30/03/2019 at 00:46, TheBiscuits said:

20180326_155533.jpg

Thats actually really rather nice!

Well I spent my first night on board last night and it was brilliant! The fire was roaring, the back boiler kept the rest of the boat toasty, it took me a while to figure out the gas (I thought a valve might be closed, followed every inch of the line turning various knobs - turns out you just have to push the 'controls' on the the hob and then turn) so was temporarily gasping for a cup of tea, but after downing 3 cups the next challenge was working out the toilet. Luckily all pretty straight forward!

p.s. Excuse the fairy lights. Needed to add to the 'cosy look' for any skeptical friends ?

WhatsApp Image 2019-04-02 at 22.44.11.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-04-02 at 22.44.12.jpeg

So far my only really issue is figuring out how to get these out of the ceiling so I can replace a bulb. Anyone seen one before? Do I have to pull the whole ceiling down?

IMG_3175.jpeg.746a84865b54afff71bd759133184dd4.jpeg

Edited by vanboosh
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, vanboosh said:

Well I spent my first night on board last night and it was brilliant! The fire was roaring, the back boiler kept the rest of the boat toasty, it took me a while to figure out the gas (I thought a valve might be closed, followed every inch of the line turning various knobs - turns out you just have to push the 'controls' on the the hob and then turn) so was temporarily gasping for a cup of tea, but after downing 3 cups the next challenge was working out the toilet. Luckily all pretty straight forward!

p.s. Excuse the fairy lights. Needed to add to the 'cosy look' for any skeptical friends ?

WhatsApp Image 2019-04-02 at 22.44.11.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-04-02 at 22.44.12.jpeg

So far my only really issue is figuring out how to get these out of the ceiling so I can replace a bulb. Anyone seen one before? Do I have to pull the whole ceiling down?

IMG_3175.jpeg.746a84865b54afff71bd759133184dd4.jpeg

Piccie isnt clear. Usualy there is either a round spring at the edge of the bulb that pulls out easily and the bulb drops out or the whole unit has a spring fixing behind it and if you carefully put a small flat bladed screwdriver under one edge and prise a bit you will soon find out.

As Mr Smelly says try a broad screwdriver to gently prise the brass surround down a bit. It also could be that the bulb itself screws in with a half turn.  If this is the case,dampen your fingers to get a bit of friction,and push and try to twist the bulb anticlockwise. 

Just looked at the picture again,and it looks as though there is a screw on the brass surround.

Edited by Mad Harold

The lights look the same as on my boat. Put your thumbs on the glass and fingers on the outer edge of the  brass coloured plastic ring and pull down with your fingers . They are very tight and will snap back on after bulb replacement. .....and congratulations..........a  smart boat.

4 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

So far my only really issue is figuring out how to get these out of the ceiling so I can replace a bulb. 

What’s in that hole on the right hand side?