Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
LadyG

Calling Cereal Tiller

Featured Posts

9 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

I think CT already has a boat!

................... and I think it is in the marina next door ..................

Just now, LadyG said:

................... and I think it is in the marina next door ..................

Send him a packet of frosties, he might go and look. The trouble is, he might not like it, but you might!

11 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Send him a packet of frosties, he might go and look. The trouble is, he might not like it, but you might!

I just need hm to check it exists!, and is a boat not a rust bucket.

25 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

I think CT already has a boat!

PX available. Swap your flat?

He wants to live in Wales ............... not sure why...................

It really is a narrowboat isn't it !!

Specifications

Builder: Dragon
Make: Dragon Narrowboats
Model: 51 Cruiser Stern
Year constructed: 2001
Berths: 2
Fuel type: Other
Drive type: Other
Length over all: 51'
Beam: 2' 8"
Hull material: Other
Hull type: Other

Just now, Alan de Enfield said:

Its a dragon boat

download (1).jpeg

3 minutes ago, LadyG said:

I just need hm to check it exists!, and is a boat not a rust bucket.

Send him a PM and a brown envelope full of cash.

5 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Specifications

Builder: Dragon
Make: Dragon Narrowboats
Model: 51 Cruiser Stern
Year constructed: 2001
Berths: 2
Fuel type: Other
Drive type: Other
Length over all: 51'
Hull material: Other
Hull type: Other

you know wot these Southerners with degrees in melta studies are like, the metre is in Paris, and those froggies know nothing.

PS did you EDIT or is that how it appears ......... I am still waiting for an answer to my query, 2 meters  8 inches or wot!

Edited by LadyG

Dragon boats were built about 1/2 mile from our Farm in N. Wales.

Excellent boats, not the prettiest but solidly built-  but apparently went downhill when they were bought out by a steel fabrication company who manufactured skips (honestly) and production moved to the same factory as built their other 'skips'.

8 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Its a dragon boat

download (1).jpeg

Send him a PM and a brown envelope full of cash.

a bottle of Bruichladdich on offer ..................

Edited by LadyG

1 minute ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Dragon boats were built about 1/2 mile from our Farm in N. Wales.

Excellent boats, not the prettiest but solidly built-  but apparently went downhill when they were bought out by a steel fabrication company who manufactured skips (honestly) and production moved to the same factory as built their other 'skips'.

yes, a very strange description, but I quite like it

if it exists.................

Just now, Alan de Enfield said:

It is directly from the link you posted.

yes, that is so weird....................

On paper,it looks a nice boat. However at 18 years old it's had time to suffer extensive corrosion,both inside and out if it hasn't been looked after properly.

At the asking price a full out of water survey is required,and not just a tap around the waterline with a hammer.

Why would it not exist? I am curious.

4 minutes ago, Mad Harold said:

On paper,it looks a nice boat. However at 18 years old it's had time to suffer extensive corrosion,both inside and out if it hasn't been looked after properly.

At the asking price a full out of water survey is required,and not just a tap around the waterline with a hammer.

Why would it not exist? I am curious.

It's too cheap for a boat near London that has not sold quickly, . I am not sure how long it has been advertised, Description is strange, a boat owned by a non boater.

Plus, there are some boats which are advertised by people who do not own the boat. Usually they are unable to answer any questions.

Edited by LadyG
  • Greenie 1

This is the company that acquired Dragon in 2003

http://www.premier-bodies.co.uk/images/pdf-newsletters/brochure.pdf

Scroll down to near the bottom (about page 28-30)

So the one for sale (built 2005) is from the 'new builds' where (apparently) they were built to very different standards.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

15 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I wonder if this is someone just not understanding the concept of feet and inches. 

fullsizeoutput_8f5.jpeg

51 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Cereal Tiller, can you go an look at this boat please

https://www.apolloduck.com/boat.phtml?id=597094

If you leave now you can be at Berkshire by tomorrow morning, have had a little kip in the car and a bacon roll before going off to look at the boat yourself. 😃

3 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

If you leave now you can be at Berkshire by tomorrow morning, have had a little kip in the car and a bacon roll before going off to look at the boat yourself. 😃

I could, or CT could pop on his bike and report back in ten minutes

My car would not actually make it ...... this is 100% certain

Edited by LadyG
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, LadyG said:

I could, or CT could pop on his bike and report back in ten minutes

Have you sold your house then? 🤗

• Horror 1

4 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

Have you sold your house then? 🤗

I have two people "interested" , but once sold, I will start offering on a NB. It may all happen quite quickly, I mean in a few days,  so I have to be ready to pounce.

There are other options in the pipeline, my bro has suggested he will "subsidise" the sale of my flat, like a  bridgeing loan. but that just seems a route  to conflict.

I just want to get rid of the flat, not to have any, complications.

Edited by LadyG

1 minute ago, LadyG said:

I have two people "interested" , but once sold, I will start offering on a NB. It may all happen quite quickly, I mean in a few days,  so I have to be ready to pounce.

Is that two separate people or a couple cos if it's two separate people that is even more hopeful. :clapping:

11 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

Is that two separate people or a couple cos if it's two separate people that is even more hopeful. :clapping:

yes two seperate people, but what is the issue, it's well below valuation, its in a nice area it's economical, it's in a good state of repair, decoration is fine,  To be honest it's a decent long term investment for someone to live in, and a nice little flat.

[sigh [sigh] [sigh].

It;s only £62.5K, I've spent  £10K on it in the last few years, what do they want?

Edited by LadyG

8 minutes ago, LadyG said:

I just want to get rid of the flat, not to have any, complications.

The clock is ticking Lady G. Spring has almost sprung.People are loading up their boats. Engines are being serviced,bars stocked.......The fair weather boating brigade will be out soon. Then the hire boat crush,then the slow slide into autumn and Winter......It will soon be April2 2019. Two years when you first joined the forum. 

GET ON WITH IT WOMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

I wonder if this is someone just not understanding the concept of feet and inches. 

fullsizeoutput_8f5.jpeg

When I phoned Crt to book passage through Standedge tunnel, they told me I couldn't get through and also I couldn't possibly be where I was phoning from as I was too wide.  I asked what they had me down as, the answer?  6 foot 12 inches.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NB Esk said:

When I phoned Crt to book passage through Standedge tunnel, they told me I couldn't get through and also I couldn't possibly be where I was phoning from as I was too wide.  I asked what they had me down as, the answer?  6 foot 12 inches.

They've got mine down as 6ft 11in wide which is fine, but 66ft 12in long which is a bit strange.

• Happy 1
  • Haha 1