Where is nb Spade?

Andrew Denny

Featured Posts

I've been approached by a gentleman saying that his mother was born on an FMC boat, nb Spade in 1933, at Broad Street, Wolverhampton, and her family worked the Shropshire Union. 

His mum is still alive, and for her 86th birthday this year he was hoping he could get a chance to take her to see Spade again.  The boat isn't listed on the HNBC website, but they say she still exists and has been extensively modernised as a full liveaboard, and they last heard of her in 2015 at Sharpness.  HNBC says it was originally a Midlands & Coast boat, sold to FMC in 1938.  Anyone know how to get in contact with the current owner?  He/she obviously is keen on the history of the boat, because the 2015 picture of it now shows a Midlands & Coast livery.  
Thanks 

It's shown as having been sold by Boatshed but I couldn't see a date. It's now a 62-footer with a full cabin, and has been converted from a butty to a motor with (mmm, nice) a Gardner 3L2, if I understood the sales blurb correctly.

It was listed as lying at Milton Keynes but whether that was its home mooring or Boatshed's yard I don't know.

Last time I saw it was at Cosgrove on the GU, as to when I cant remember, I think within the last 5 years.

Google maps has it there

https://maps.app.goo.gl/qW7ki

Its been in M&C livery for as long as I can remember as it used to be down Berko way in that livery 25 years ago.

Edited by Loddon

2 hours ago, Andrew Denny said:

I've been approached by a gentleman saying that his mother was born on an FMC boat, nb Spade in 1933, at Broad Street, Wolverhampton, and her family worked the Shropshire Union. 

His mum is still alive, and for her 86th birthday this year he was hoping he could get a chance to take her to see Spade again.  The boat isn't listed on the HNBC website, but they say she still exists and has been extensively modernised as a full liveaboard, and they last heard of her in 2015 at Sharpness.  HNBC says it was originally a Midlands & Coast boat, sold to FMC in 1938.  Anyone know how to get in contact with the current owner?  He/she obviously is keen on the history of the boat, because the 2015 picture of it now shows a Midlands & Coast livery.  
Thanks 

From a book ?

Spade.JPG