Magnet fishing closes M5

springy

Featured Posts

12 hours ago, MartynG said:

Looks exactly like a pipe bomb to me 

Do you think bombs are  spherical  with ''Bomb'' written on them.

Some days you just can’t get rid of a bomb.....

EC101DD1-31FD-4329-917B-0E1368A182CE.gif

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bee said:

We've been along the R,. Somme a few times (horrid history but beautiful now) and I often wonder what we are passing over, always a bit careful when banging pins in and prodding about with longshafts.

In Berlin where the river Spree splits to form the Museum Island, the western side is forbidden to boats as this was where all the discarded ammo was dumped in 1945. As far as anyone knows, it’s still down there.

Bet not much magnet fishing goes on there!

2 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

Not all of them leave their rubbish beside the waterways. 

We spent a happy hour or so last summer with a bunch of magnet fishermen and they were bagging up everything that they "caught" before depositing it in the bin.

They are not all untidy.

Have done a fair bit of walking around the BCN recently and piles of scrap beside the towpath like this are now quite common

Scrap.JPG

Edited by Tim Lewis

Ah but do you know the difference betwee  a 1000lb  bomb and a (Insert pointy military aircraft type of choice) pilot?

Not all 100lb bombs are retarded. Boom boom!

N

The answer to the pile of scrap metal fished out of the canal is obvious......a scrap metal collecting boat. Rag and bone, rag and bone.

A bit like this diligent chap who has been collecting canalside rubbish and putting it on the roof of his boat. 

IMG_4158.jpg

14 hours ago, WotEver said:

It might not have “Bomb” written on it...

9C7D1675-75EF-4BA5-9628-16A6ED26871F.jpeg.8014fcbf17bd1e1c98f2260bc90a5fe2.jpeg

There is also the Hollywood Bomb. The sort with sticks of explosive taped together, a red wire and a blue wire for the hero to sweat over cutting and a big red LED digital display showing the countdown.

Jen

Edited by Jen-in-Wellies

56 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

he answer to the pile of scrap metal fished out of the canal is obvious......a scrap metal collecting boat. Rag and bone, rag and bone.

As operated by the BCN Society on their working parties and clean-up weekends.

All metal weighed in for scrap.

N

• Happy 1

2 hours ago, Jan13 said:

In Berlin where the river Spree splits to form the Museum Island, the western side is forbidden to boats as this was where all the discarded ammo was dumped in 1945. As far as anyone knows, it’s still down there.

All that brass, isn't magnetic, no point in trying.

Bod

32 minutes ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

There is also the Hollywood Bomb. The sort with sticks of explosive taped together, a red wire and a blue wire for the hero to sweat over cutting and a big red LED digital display showing the countdown.

Jen

Well, you lot are taking a huge risk writing bomb on the internet. Typing bomb into your computer is likely to attract attention from GCHQ, a bank of "keyword" computers will be jumping into action, and a squad of men in black will be at your front door within minutes I'm not risking it myself..........

Edited by rusty69

3 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Well, you lot are take a huge risk writing bomb on the internet. Typing bomb into your computer is likely to attract attention from GCHQ. I'm not risking it myself.

I can hear the plods outside the boat ready to use the big red key on the hatch doors. You'll be next!

2 hours ago, Jan13 said:

Another place not to go magnet fishing.

Jen

1 hour ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

Jen

I’ve always thought the baddies to be most considerate by supplying a nice clear LED countdown clock. Like the Bond villains of old dreaming up the most convoluted method of killing him but not then hanging around to watch the fun. 

2 hours ago, rusty69 said:

The answer to the pile of scrap metal fished out of the canal is obvious......a scrap metal collecting boat. Rag and bone, rag and bone.

A bit like this diligent chap who has been collecting canalside rubbish and putting it on the roof of his boat. 

IMG_4158.jpg

I thought it was a woman if its the one at Nantwich

32 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

I thought it was a woman if its the one at Nantwich

I dunno but, whether or not it's his or her "right" to do so, I can't help thinking there ought to be some intervention when someone is living in such a terrible state. Maybe someone here knows about this and can enlighten us?

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I dunno but, whether or not it's his or her "right" to do so, I can't help thinking there ought to be some intervention when someone is living in such a terrible state. Maybe someone here knows about this and can enlighten us?

If I am correct then I understand that the lady does not want any intervention, it could be another boat, I am not 100% sure

3 hours ago, rusty69 said:

Well, you lot are taking a huge risk writing bomb on the internet. Typing bomb into your computer is likely to attract attention from GCHQ, a bank of "keyword" computers will be jumping into action, and a squad of men in black will be at your front door within minutes I'm not risking it myself..........

You just did............................Dammit!

George

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Bee said:

We've been along the R,. Somme a few times (horrid history but beautiful now) and I often wonder what we are passing over, always a bit careful when banging pins in and prodding about with longshafts.

I've seen a few threads on a tree forum about working in France and the associated issues, plenty of shrapnel and bullets in trees plus the occasional stash of explosives found when stump grinding.

It appears the locals are used to dealing with it