Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Wittenham

On a Promise

Featured Posts

It's pleasing to hear of your progress - well done.

Those members who helped will know who they are - well done to them also.

Have a you any photos of the boat in her improved condition?

4 minutes ago, Athy said:

Have a you any photos of the boat in her improved condition?

Not yet, but when it gets pretty enough, I certainly will.

• Happy 1

28 minutes ago, Wittenham said:

I figured I would update on Promise.  As a reminder, last year I picked up an Agenda 21 mooring on the Oxford canal that came with a 'free' butty.

Many thanks for the update - you'd be surprised how many "come ask & go" never to be heard of again.

Well done.

and I meant to add... .it is amazing how much better the electrics worked when I replaced the blown fuses.  Which was more than half of them.  They worked even better when i eventually found those tiny little switches that turned the lights on.... [i am not joking]

• Haha 1

Personally, assuming you don't have a landline connection I'd consider having a gas fridge fitted. You could then reduce your leisure battery bank to 2 (I have 1 myself), save yourself endless hours of engine running for charging and the painful financial hit of replacing 4 batteries regularly. I'd also go for solar, unless your mooring is totally enclosed by trees. Or find another mooring, with less trees. Running your engine for hours every day is a pain, not to mention the wear to the expensive lump.