morco heater

Featured Posts

3 hours ago, dreadnought said:

hi,can anyone recommend someone in the notts/derby area who con fit me a morco instantaneous water heater,many thanks 

Do you have the heater?

I ask because they were discontinued last year. 

(Or the very best one, the D61 was, at least.)

3 hours ago, Jak said:

Bloody hell that's a big ol' bustard innit!! A new one on me, thanks!

I very much doubt it will work as a direct replacement for a D61 as claimed on that website, as the flue hole looks further from the will to me so a new roof hole will be needed overlapping the old hole. Bloody awkward. Not a problem for you though as as you are installing from scratch.

4 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I very much doubt it will work as a direct replacement for a D61 as claimed on that website, as the flue hole looks further from the will to me so a new roof hole will be needed overlapping the old hole. Bloody awkward. Not a problem for you though as as you are installing from scratch.

You're right. Looking at the manuals on the Morco website, the D61 flue centreline is 97mm from the wall, with the Primo 6 it is 107mm. So you will need to stretch your existing flue hole by 10mm. Messy. 

52 minutes ago, David Mack said:

You're right. Looking at the manuals on the Morco website, the D61 flue centreline is 97mm from the wall, with the Primo 6 it is 107mm. So you will need to stretch your existing flue hole by 10mm. Messy. 

No, 138mm from the wall according to the manual I downloaded from the site. (107mm from the FRONT of the unit.)

So the flue hole needs moving 41mm. DOUBLEMESSY.

8 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

No, 138mm from the wall according to the manual I downloaded from the site. (107mm from the FRONT of the unit.)

So the flue hole needs moving 41mm. DOUBLEMESSY.

According to Ely boat chandlers (https://www.elyboatchandlers.com/lpg-water-heaters/morco-d61b-lpg-water-heater) it sits just 9mm further forwards. 

It takes the same diameter flue as the D61, the outlet just sits 9mm further out from the wall than the old model.