stop button or relay

Featured Posts

4 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Yeah well, I suppose if you wanted to bodge it.....! :D

Erm, yeah, I guess there is that. You can tell I didn't really get much further than a thought - maybe not even that far based on the evidence now before me!   Thanks DC - that's that solved! :)

Just now, Sea Dog said:

Yeah well, I suppose if you wanted to bodge it.....! :D

Erm, yeah, I guess there is that. You can tell I didn't really get much further than a thought - maybe not even that far based on the evidence now before me!   Thanks DC - that's that solved! :)

Its what I used, that is how I knew.

Just now, ditchcrawler said:

Its what I used, that is how I knew.

Thanks again.  What did you use as a bracket to provide the fixed point for the cable outer near the engine stop lever and did the cable come with a nipple or some such to terminate the  inner at the lever itself?

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks again.  What did you use as a bracket to provide the fixed point for the cable outer near the engine stop lever and did the cable come with a nipple or some such to terminate the  inner at the lever itself?

It was 18 years ago and I was buying loads of bits so cant answer that one, sorry. I think ASAP sell loads of fittings.

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I've been thinking for ages of adding an emergency engine stop knob using something akin to a choke cable to pull the lever in the event of a solenoid failure.  Has anyone who remembers choke cables sourced such a affair?

On my Beta 43, I painted the lever on my stop solenoid red, so that it can be quickly identified and operated by anybody in an emergency.

40 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

It was 18 years ago and I was buying loads of bits so cant answer that one, sorry. I think ASAP sell loads of fittings.

Ta. Now you've woken me up to actually looking(!) I found Aquafax do ones complete with fittings. :)