Charging 'beep'

Featured Posts

Once again thank you Tony. I'm fighting in the dark here. 

2x100w panels. What would be the maximum amps? Thinking now, after reading on line of a simple inline fuse holder to allow taking out the fuse to isolate. This will be before the MPPT.

No worries. Found out on line. 

Edited by Nightwatch

I have a Beta 43 with a basic instrument panel and after a few hours cruising when the batts are pretty much charged there is the occasional beep from somewhere in the panel. Its always done it, I've tried disconnecting various senders  and everything else that I can think of but it still does it. I now regard it as a secret bonus instrument fitted by Beta and no longer worry about it.

• Greenie 1

5 hours ago, Nightwatch said:

Once again thank you Tony. I'm fighting in the dark here. 

2x100w panels. What would be the maximum amps? Thinking now, after reading on line of a simple inline fuse holder to allow taking out the fuse to isolate. This will be before the MPPT.

No worries. Found out on line. 

Have a look for a little breaker like the example I posted the ebay link to. They surface mount for ease of installation without the need for a separate box and look very neat.  At about a fiver, a 20a version will have you covered whether you go series or parallel or if you change later on. 

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Have a look for a little breaker like the example I posted the ebay link to. They surface mount for ease of installation without the need for a separate box and look very neat.  At about a fiver, a 20a version will have you covered whether you go series or parallel or if you change later on. 

Missed that. I will. The seller you linked to hasn't got 20amp. I can get a 40amp, does that matter?

33 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

Missed that. I will. The seller you linked to hasn't got 20amp. I can get a 40amp, does that matter?

There's plenty of other sellers if that one's out of 20s - just copy the description. They'd all work fine as a switch, but you may as well have the closest current rating to your needs and 20s might also be cheapest!  With 2 x 100w panels in parallel giving something like 18-20v you'll not see more than about 10a going through that breaker into your controller and in series twice the voltage will give you about half those input Amps.  

• 1 month later...

Though a little late, I thought I ought to report back on the bleeping bleep issue.

i purchased the inline breaker as suggested by salty seadog. Had it sent to my sons address so had to wait for when I could go to Hampshire to collect said item. 

Anyway, fitted and I can say with reasonable confidence that I no longer have a bleeping bleeper. 

So, in summery, it was the solar panels upsetting the system. 

Thanks everyone for all your imput and suggestions. 

50 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

Though a little late, I thought I ought to report back on the bleeping bleep issue.

i purchased the inline breaker as suggested by salty seadog. Had it sent to my sons address so had to wait for when I could go to Hampshire to collect said item. 

Anyway, fitted and I can say with reasonable confidence that I no longer have a bleeping bleeper. 

So, in summery, it was the solar panels upsetting the system. 

Thanks everyone for all your imput and suggestions. 

Hallelujah!  :D

Hold on.... wasn't that a beep just then... ;)

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Hallelujah!  :D

Hold on.... wasn't that a beep just then... ;)

It's no joke. Once, just once the bleeping bleep bleeped. Bit like a naughty dog getting in the last bark. But a good result, so far!!!

19 hours ago, Nightwatch said:

It's no joke. Once, just once the bleeping bleep bleeped. Bit like a naughty dog getting in the last bark. But a good result, so far!!!

Pleased to hear you've fixed it - it'll be your naval training that swung it, I reckon! ;)