The Epic Duck Noodle Adventure Begins.....

Featured Posts

22 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

I dont want any noodles! I just want my bloomin' duck back!

Ah, yes.  You know I said you would need a drink next time we meet up?  Well I am not sure of the exact whereabouts of the duck at this time.  I'm pretty sure he is on somebody's boat somewhere ...

24 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

In the interests of keeping everyone happy we will rise to another challenge and make a donation to Auntie Waitrose's canal trust of £1.00 for every bote the noodle packet travels on (I assume it is now empty with little Bob having fed the duck with contents of said package) on its way back to Kharis. I will leave it to Auntie Waitrose to organise the log of which bote it goes on and another round of guesses.

Oh not at all.  Little Bob trashed the original noodles, not the prize for guessing the number of noodle carriers noodles.  Your noodles are a much bigger pot than the original ones;  just look at the size of them compared to that full size supermarket trolley ...

20190529_133459.jpg.e97432f5738db3b20337051e8bf9fc62.jpg

And just so we can ensure there is no fowl play, here are the identifying markings on your prize tub:

20190529_134245.jpg.f2d3a0d0ca59dd14f2ccc6e03485ce3a.jpg

Fortunately they are in date for quite a while, as they may not be quick getting to you - mine took November till May!

33 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

Not a clue where we are at the moment as the duck does all our map reading. I know we are a bit left of Brum and pointed north.

I think he may have got a bit disorientated with all the direction changes and reversals and odd loops over the weekend.  I'm fairly sure some of the forumites will find him somewhere soon though.

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

51 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

Fortunately they are in date for quite a while...

As I understand it, the absence of any natural ingredients means that Pot Noodles have a half-life roughly similar to Uranium 232 - 68.9 years. 

1 hour ago, TheBiscuits said:

Oh not at all.  Little Bob trashed the original noodles, not the prize for guessing the number of noodle carriers noodles.  Your noodles are a much bigger pot than the original ones;  just look at the size of them compared to that full size supermarket trolley ...

Hang about!

I agreed to perpetuate the transportation of the 'Original' pot noodles to its rightful home ....not some half baked replacement 'cause little Bob spread the contents on the floor for the duck!

So, this pot of noodles is an imposter....but still in date .....so we may be able to eat it?

....aw, OK, I'm game.

18 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

Hang about!

I agreed to perpetuate the transportation of the 'Original' pot noodles to its rightful home ....not some half baked replacement 'cause little Bob spread the contents on the floor for the duck!

So, this pot of noodles is an imposter....but still in date .....so we may be able to eat it?

....aw, OK, I'm game.

You were obviously mistaken about which noodle you were placing bets on but thank you very much for the game.

If The Biscuits posts pictures of the boats I will keep tabs on who where and why.

Of course - there is always the possibility of TWO further competitions:

1. How many boats will carry the prize pot noodle before it gets to Dr Bob?
  2. Where is the duck? 

I am happy to provide a further pot noodle to the winner of competition no1 

I do remember seeing The Duck at the pub post challenge but there were how many boats involved in the challenge? That doesn't narrow it down much does it?

4 hours ago, cheshire~rose said:

You were obviously mistaken about which noodle you were placing bets on but thank you very much for the game.

If The Biscuits posts pictures of the boats I will keep tabs on who where and why.

Of course - there is always the possibility of TWO further competitions:

1. How many boats will carry the prize pot noodle before it gets to Dr Bob?
  2. Where is the duck? 

I am happy to provide a further pot noodle to the winner of competition no1 

I do remember seeing The Duck at the pub post challenge but there were how many boats involved in the challenge? That doesn't narrow it down much does it?

Oh yeah, oh yeah..............its a con!! Bloomin fix innitt..............good job its not been put to any sort of public vote or say a referendum or you would have had to comply with it!! ?

Just to close this thread out, I have donated £2.00 per boat for 12 and a half boats (Richard Parry counted as half a boat!) disallowing Carrie-Lou to the specific Python fund at the Chesterfield Canal Trust donations page.

That means these bloody noodles have cost me £23 in the auction and £25 for delivery - for instant noodles that I could have bought in Asda for 75p ...

In the meantime, I have met quite a few new friends, I have both joined and helped raise the profile of the Chesterfield Canal Trust and I consider it £48 well spent.  I burned more than that in diesel this week!

If you want this saga to continue,  I suggest you switch to this new thread:

• Greenie 2

What  hero!

Thank you very much indeed for the hugely welcome donation but more importantly thank you for getting into the spirit of things and helping to raise the profile of Chesterfield Canal Trust.

As Python's boat manager for Chesterfield Canal Trust it is my responsibility to also manage the budget for the boat.

If an investment of 75p on a pot of noodles can be so profitable I might have to nip to the wholesalers and invest that £25 in some more noodles, or perhaps sardines which were a previous favourite .........or perhaps something else altogether 

Thanks a million for all the fun and it has also meant we have gained a load of new friends in the process