The Epic Duck Noodle Adventure Begins.....

Featured Posts

6 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Obliviously ?

MrSmelly's  Griffinclaw beer.......drink enough, you just couldn't care less.

Also available Hufflepuff weed and Slytherin cider. Available from all good canalside stockists.

k.jpeg

12 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

12 and a half.

Keep us posted on locations. 

Im sure our duck would like to have a nibble.

Can we have Seven of Nine in it too?

Please can you define half a boat? 

Ah that is your cunning way of not going bust isn't it?

12 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

Auntie Waitrose,

Can you be a bit more specific about what is meant by different boats delivering the item? What constitutes a 'boat'? Now I know boats are floaty things that sit rusting in the canals, but how are you counting them? To qualify does a boat have to move with said item? Does it have to engage in bonafide navigation? Can you define navigation? How many miles does it have to travel to be able to count? Can it start in one point and go round in a circle and come back to its original spot within 14 days. 

I feel this very important competition is open to large scale abuse via different interpretations of the rules. 

For goodness sake! A boat! Also know as a bote. I didn't say vessel because that's open to loads of nonsense. I hadn't thought of canoes, I was thinking of powered vessels but I would hate to miss out the chance for the noodles to find a nice butty so I feel we need to be reasonably relaxed while keeping with the spirit of it. 

11 hours ago, Jerra said:

I was visualising a long line of moored boats and it being passed along with a photo at each   :D

We have not got to our boat club yet, 50 boats on linear moorings ;)

But THAT WOULD be cheating...

11 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

I hope so - the easiest handover point is going to be at the end of the BCN marathon challenge, which by definition is going round in circles for 24 hours.

Not wishing to give any suggestions but we are booked in.....

11 hours ago, Nightwatch said:

Nightwatch is about, in the next week or so, to disappear up the Erewash Canal. Once finished with that 'adventure/task we will return to the Trent Lock and join the Trent. Now we will have three options (or is it two), left, right or straight on. If Nightwatch and it's crew can be of any assistance please notify. If anything else, it may help with making the crew make a decision for once in their lives.

That would have been lovely but I don't have anyone to take it that far just yet. 

8 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

Turn left and go oop norrf ont Trent. Fab.

Seven of nine ? Ohhhhhhhhh yes please sir!!

Oh yes please so. Hang a left at West Stockwith to explore the most wonderful canal in the country. You can take the noodles with you then

• Greenie 1

Now then. I only have access via my phone over this weekend but I feel we need a list of who has suggested which numbers. I will do that when I get home. 

I intended taking a group shot with our lovely volunteers and your noodles today but didn't get around to it. The noodles were on the move for 7 whole hours today BUT only got as far as The Lock Keeper PH. That is usually no more than an hour's run. We did collect a huge mountain of rubbish as we travelled though.

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, cheshire~rose said:

Not wishing to give any suggestions but we are booked in.....

I know.  So are we - in fact we are currently in first place - Sue said so - but I suspect it will be the only time we are in first place once the challenge begins!

In fact, I am bidding 3 boats for the noodles, Python, yours and mine.  All these lot talk a good fight, but they won't turn up and do a few locks while carrying the noodles.  They will just bicker from the sidelines. :icecream:

8 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

I know.  So are we - in fact we are currently in first place - Sue said so - but I suspect it will be the only time we are in first place once the challenge begins!

In fact, I am bidding 3 boats for the noodles, Python, yours and mine.  All these lot talk a good fight, but they won't turn up and do a few locks while carrying the noodles.  They will just bicker from the sidelines. :icecream:

Ah, changing the rules already!

Who said anything about locks!

On 22/03/2019 at 07:01, cheshire~rose said:

To add a truly exciting edge to this Epic Adventure I am going to throw in a prize of a second Duck Pot Noodle to the person who correctly guesses how many boats will be recorded as part of the Epic Noodle Adventure

I may have missed this in all the e̶x̶c̶r̶e̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ excitement, but how will the winners noodles be delivered?

Edited by rusty69
  • Haha 1