Lister Blackstone gearbox ratio

sparrowcycles

Featured Posts

Hey folks, this is probably a silly question but is there an easy way to determine the ratio of the reduction box on my JS3? 

It says 3R on the side which I assumed to be a 3:1 ratio but I have since read that all JP (or S) reduction boxes were badged 3R, is this true? 

Thanks! 

26 minutes ago, sparrowcycles said:

Hey folks, this is probably a silly question but is there an easy way to determine the ratio of the reduction box on my JS3? 

It says 3R on the side which I assumed to be a 3:1 ratio but I have since read that all JP (or S) reduction boxes were badged 3R, is this true? 

Thanks! 

Chalk mark on engine flywheel or crankshaft pulley and a chalk mark on gearbox output propshaft coupling. Put it in gear. Turn engine by hand, Watch marks, For every three revolutions of the engine the propshaft should revolve once for 3.1

8 hours ago, bizzard said:

Chalk mark on engine flywheel or crankshaft pulley and a chalk mark on gearbox output propshaft coupling. Put it in gear. Turn engine by hand, Watch marks, For every three revolutions of the engine the propshaft should revolve once for 3.1

Cool, thanks bizzard, I'd hoped there'd just be another plate somewhere that would say for certain but that's just me being lazy :)

Out with the chalk then! 

Edited by sparrowcycles
Spelling

3 hours ago, sparrowcycles said:

Cool, thanks bizzard, I'd hoped there'd just be another plate somewhere that would say for certain but that's just me being lazy :)

Out with the chalk then!

Cool, it's a 2:1.. Thanks bizzard!