Treating rust -steel boat.

Featured Posts

29 minutes ago, Dudette said:

Kind request- please do not post unrelated comments or You Tube links here- use Virtual Pub instead :(Thank you.

Unfortunately that’s not how this forum tends to work. 

1 hour ago, Tony Brooks said:

I would remove that nice piece of wood along the bottom of the last photo. I think there is probably rust behind it. It also looks as if someone has applied silicon. If so so get some silicon eater from Toolstation/Screwfix and when all gone clean with panel wipe degeaser

Good advice there regarding the silicone. If you don’t remove every trace then nothing will stick. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

In my case remarks like the one above does not go down well.

Me neither. I’m just waiting to see what OP says next before deciding one way or the other. 

• Greenie 1

55 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

A goodly number of members and contributors here are professionals working in various branches of the industry and they give their time, knowledge and advice totally free (actually some pay towards the forum running costs) to try to help other boaters. In my case remarks like the one above does not go down well.

Hi ,

I appreciate your comment. I'm sorry you feel this way, but with all do respect ,I think that focusing on the subject rather than on unrelated comments its a sign of respect towards someone's time as they don't have to waste they time reading unrelated stuff (which might be of no interest to them).

Best wishes

2 hours ago, Dudette said:

Dear all,

A massive thank you to all that replied with good tips & advice!! :)Kind request- please do not post unrelated comments or You Tube links here- use Virtual Pub instead :(Thank you.

Pardon

36 minutes ago, Dudette said:

Hi ,

I appreciate your comment. I'm sorry you feel this way, but with all do respect ,I think that focusing on the subject rather than on unrelated comments its a sign of respect towards someone's time as they don't have to waste they time reading unrelated stuff (which might be of no interest to them).

Best wishes

If we didn't all read things that didn't interest us you wouldn't get any replies, I am sure there are not that many members who care if you go the wrong way about repairing your boat

• Greenie 1

7 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

I am sure there are not that many members who care if you go the wrong way about repairing your boat

Please bare in mind that at some point you were new to boating and what goes with it, and there were people that helped you along the way. I'm learning and I'm sure that at some point I'll be able to contribute here not only by donating money.

You haven't  post any helpful comment on the subject but you're happy to attack people through your rude comments...

Im sure that there are many people who do care. 

17 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I recognise your bote! Sold by a member here last year IIRC. 

Did you keep the mooring? (Assuming I'm right!)

Hi Mike,

I don't think that's ''the boat''. I got this one very recently -it was brought form Netherlands not long ago :) 

32 minutes ago, Dudette said:

Hi Mike,

I don't think that's ''the boat''. I got this one very recently -it was brought form Netherlands not long ago :) 

Can't be the one I'm thinking of. That one has been here several years on a west London Thames mooring. I was possibly after the mooring had you recently vacated it!

And yes a Netherlands import. Fine boat and very seaworthy. Looked identical to yours, to my eye. 

• Greenie 1

3 hours ago, Dudette said:

Hi ,

Best wishes

Except that...

You're asking the experts for their time, not the other way around.  ;)

• Greenie 1

3 hours ago, Dudette said:

Hi ,

Best wishes

Ah, a new poster who likes pushing water uphill....

Dudette, your objection to off-topic posts is futile, they are part of the culture of this site. You would know this had you perused the site in any depth before posting.

You may as well get used to it here because it isn't going to change. Or... seek out and use one of the many other lively and buzzing canal forums that post in styles more to your taste... ;)

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dudette said:

I think that focusing on the subject rather than on unrelated comments its a sign of respect towards someone's time as they don't have to waste they time reading unrelated stuff (which might be of no interest to them).

And I think that accepting the way a forum works (and has done for very many years) would be a sign of respect towards the experts who are offering their time free to help out other boaters. 

• Greenie 1

5 hours ago, rusty69 said:

I'm sure I could find a Britney Spears video for that!

Let's do a '' music talk'' @the Virtual Pub one day ??I'm good at it-I won a competition for coming up with a most cheesy 80's song, quite recently..I would even add that I have a sense of humour but know I will have to prove it now... ??

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dudette said:

Hi ,

Best wishes

Your question has been asked and answered many times before, I have answered it several times in the last two years, you could have found the advice using the(not very good) search facility. I fully appreciate that talking to real people is so much nicer than talking to a forum robot, but the downside of that is that we need a bit of fun to alleviate the boredom of answering repetitive questions. Boaters are like this, if you want focused straight answers then get a caravan ?.

...............Dave

3 hours ago, WotEver said:

And I think that accepting the way a forum works (and has done for very many years) would be a sign of respect towards the experts who are offering their time free to help out other boaters. 

Yes, but it only encourages the pundits ...

How is Graham?