Claymore No More??

matty40s

Featured Posts

• 2 weeks later...

I went past the old Claymore site today, large widebeam currently moored outside. A man and woman were apparently clearing up on the site and conversationally I said whilst passing,"Final clear up is it?" to which the man replied,"No, we are trying to get it up and running again", hope it comes to pass and I wished him good luck.

• 3 years later...

Went past this on a short break out of Anderton.  I agree with the guy who said earlier about the bad customer service, went for my first holiday from there, however, the customer service was great then run by Derek.  He later sold it to the present idiot who it went under with not surprising all I heard was bad things about them. 

2 hours ago, Roving-Roy said:

Went past this on a short break out of Anderton.  I agree with the guy who said earlier about the bad customer service, went for my first holiday from there, however, the customer service was great then run by Derek.  He later sold it to the present idiot who it went under with not surprising all I heard was bad things about them. 

An odd thing to chose as your first post, on the forum given this thread has lain dormant for 3 years until you woke it up again!

• Greenie 1

19 minutes ago, frangar said:

Didnt @Liam of this parish take it over fairly recently? 

Yep that's correct 👍 

11 minutes ago, Roving-Roy said:

We passed this on Tuesday no hire boats there and no signage looking rather tired as well.

You won't find any hire boats there either. When Claymoore went into liquidation all of their assets were sold off, including the few boats that they actually owned. The majority of the boats were under a sponsorship scheme and have since either been sold or relocated elsewhere.

Looking rather tired is an understatement! But we've (well, Kez has done most of the work to be honest) have been beavering away in the background completely stripping out the old rooms to create a shop, office and usable and functional workshop space. We have a lot of exciting plans in the pipeline but like most things on this scale they take quite a lot of time and even more money.

We are getting there though, and we're pleased to announce we're hosting the first of (hopefully) many courses; this one is a beginners Canal Roses course on Sunday 31st July, being run by Kerri Williams aka The Heritage Crafter.

1 minute ago, Liam said:

Yep that's correct 👍 

You won't find any hire boats there either. When Claymoore went into liquidation all of their assets were sold off, including the few boats that they actually owned. The majority of the boats were under a sponsorship scheme and have since either been sold or relocated elsewhere.

Looking rather tired is an understatement! But we've (well, Kez has done most of the work to be honest) have been beavering away in the background completely stripping out the old rooms to create a shop, office and usable and functional workshop space. We have a lot of exciting plans in the pipeline but like most things on this scale they take quite a lot of time and even more money.

We are getting there though, and we're pleased to announce we're hosting the first of (hopefully) many courses; this one is a beginners Canal Roses course on Sunday 31st July, being run by Kerri Williams aka The Heritage Crafter.

Have a virtual greenie for confirming I can still remember some stuff!...Have wondered how it was coming along for you....best to take your time and do it how you want though and as the budget allows rather than rush it for the sake of it.