A boat with unusual features

LadyG

Featured Posts

5 minutes ago, LadyG said:

I'm not even sure I would admire it Athy

Then it probbly a sure bet it's not the boat for you, it would be awful after all this time if you bought a boat and grew to resent it because it wasn't a good fit for you. 

For the life of me I now can't find And piccies to show you what I mean but it's not unusual for the bed to only be stored under the tug section and pulled out into the saloon section for when you need use it. I quite like tug style boats and I really like the idea of being able to push the bed back out of the way during the day and to pull it out at night. 

P.S. I thought you were in Ayrshire not Perthshire :unsure: and is the k in Pitlochry so those south of the border know how to pronounce it?

1 minute ago, system 4-50 said:

Speak up you lot, I can't hear what you're saying above the roar of AdeE's engines.

-.-- . .- .... --..-- / -... ..- - / -. --- --..-- / -... ..- - / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / -... ..- - / -.-- --- ..- .-. / --- -. . / .. ... / .--. .-. --- -... .- -... .-.. -.-- / .-- --- .-. - .... / -- --- .-. . / - .... .- -. / - .-- .. -.-. . / --- ..- .-. / - .-- --- / .. -. -. .. - -.-.--

12 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

Then it probbly a sure bet it's not the boat for you, it would be awful after all this time if you bought a boat and grew to resent it because it wasn't a good fit for you. 

For the life of me I now can't find And piccies to show you what I mean but it's not unusual for the bed to only be stored under the tug section and pulled out into the saloon section for when you need use it. I quite like tug style boats and I really like the idea of being able to push the bed back out of the way during the day and to pull it out at night. 

P.S. I thought you were in Ayrshire not Perthshire :unsure: and is the k in Pitlochry so those south of the border know how to pronounce it?

Yes, I only stabbed a map pin in "Scotland", and it ended up in Pitlochry, which led to some banter on t'other side ....... became Pitlockry, I still live by the Firth of Clyde

Edited by LadyG
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, matty40s said:

The 2nd boat you link to has the smallest bathroom I have seen on a boat, I wouldn't like to be in a rush for the loo as it would probably take 5 minutes to Yoga yourself into the gap for a poo.

I think you will find the loo has a swivel, I hope. I did think it was a pretty neat fit! Also, I think it is ceramic, I am not keen on plastic toilet bowls. I'd be on my own, so I could reverse in! Even the shower is only half sized!

There is 240v oven, which means I might have to swap to SF stove for something with a oven, yet these seem not to be very popular.https://www.stovefitterswarehouse.co.uk/products/the-hobbit-4kw-defra-without-log-store?variant=12932005068883&gclid=Cj0KCQjwg73kBRDVARIsAF-kEH_QGsPehqr3XkQN66ez4MHLk2ZVS_PzKpqMBFg0Q2fJnOAOPJWk4I0aAgfREALw_wcB

I wonder if anyone could comment on the Beta Marine [red] engine compared  to the greenline Beta engines?

Edited by LadyG

Just now, rusty69 said:

Breakfast!   Its nearly bloody lunch time you lazy git.

Ive been feeding pigs before brekky!! and ducks......and chickens..........and dogs.............and cats.................

4 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Yes, I only stabbed a map pin in "Scotland", and it ended up in Pitlochry, which led to some banter on t'other side ....... became Pitlockry, I still live in Largs, Ayrshire.

I hope this time the market is in your favour - fingers crossed. ?

2 minutes ago, LadyG said:

It's an absolute nightmare.

It's been a long drawn out process and so frustrating for you but it has got to change eventually, not that that ever helps much in the here and now. ?

Edited by Tumshie

1 hour ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Because it pretending to be something it isn't.

There isn't a cratch cover - there is a 'plank' and that's about it

Its not a 'tug' and its not a 'trad' - its a 'turd'

Overlooking that pointless and ugly bit of wood at the front, I quite like it. I don’t think I’d want to own it but it’s not a bad boat at all imho. 

3 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Overlooking that pointless and ugly bit of wood at the front, I quite like it. I don’t think I’d want to own it but it’s not a bad boat at all imho. 

That sums up my thoughts on it on a good day,  sometimes................... it's marmite, but I could not live with the bed, that is the tipping point.

Edited by LadyG

2 minutes ago, LadyG said:

That sums up my thoughts on it on a good day,  sometimes................... it's marmite, but I could not live with the bed, that is the tipping point.

Turn the dinette into a bed. Massive water tank under the fore deck....sorted.Oh, which boat are we on about. confused.

Edited by rusty69

I really like this one, it's not overly tug like in its appearance and would give you that place to sit out and dine in the summer

https://narrowboats.apolloduck.co.uk/boat/warren-brothers-50-tug/565531

Edit To Add - Oops just noticed it's not for sale anymore :blush:

Edited by Tumshie

12 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Turn the dinette into a bed. Massive water tank under the fore deck....sorted.Oh, which boat are we on about. confused.

Yes, but I can't turn the bed in to a dinette, .

• Haha 1