reflek flame

haza

Featured Posts

30 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Youve lost the plot Hound ?.............or simply have the local coal boat put sacks of lovely smokeless fuel on boat for you.

Does the man operating your local fuel boat put the coal into the stove when it's needed? ?

With a diesel drip stove its all fully automatic once lit. ?

1 minute ago, cuthound said:

Does the man operating your local fuel boat put the coal into the stove when it's needed? ?

With a diesel drip stove its all fully automatic once lit. ?

I have a wife!! ?

5 hours ago, cuthound said:

Only one? I thought you believed in having a spare for everything ?

There is a very firm line between having 2 mother in laws.

Bod (with apologies to Les Dawson)

Having thought some more re this topic. Whilst I am a great believer in KISS and love solid fuel stoves this thread has made me think. Whilst running on red diesel costs more than solid fuel and could get much more expensive, can these stoves or others be made to run on the stuff used in houses? and if so is there anywhere it can be bought in small enough quantities for boat use?

4 minutes ago, haza said:

i put my eco fan on the reflek ,i thought it was going to take off .and it was making an awful noise .so what sort of fan would i need orare they not for this sort of fire 

If it is a genuine,quality fan it should have a bi-metal safety strip to protect it from overheat. Try putting it nearer the edge of the stove.

2 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Having thought some more re this topic. Whilst I am a great believer in KISS and love solid fuel stoves this thread has made me think. Whilst running on red diesel costs more than solid fuel and could get much more expensive, can these stoves or others be made to run on the stuff used in houses? and if so is there anywhere it can be bought in small enough quantities for boat use?

According to post #45, yes.

well the one i am using is abt 5 years old .and maybe cost less then £40 ,it maybe on the way out as it makes awful racket ..as for the questions about theses fires i could not answer ,as i know nothing abt them .just to say i am very very happy with mine ..well i am at the moment ..