reflek flame

haza

Featured Posts

hi just yesterday i had my reflek diesel fire fitted in .been trying ever since to get a nice blue flame ..when its first lit and up and running .it gives a nice blue flame but after 10 mins along comes the yellow flame .after reading the manual several times it does not tell you how to get the flame blue flame ..any help or  ideas with this would be apriciated thanks 

3 hours ago, haza said:

hi just yesterday i had my reflek diesel fire fitted in .been trying ever since to get a nice blue flame ..when its first lit and up and running .it gives a nice blue flame but after 10 mins along comes the yellow flame .after reading the manual several times it does not tell you how to get the flame blue flame ..any help or  ideas with this would be apriciated thanks 

Probably needs turning down a bit, then leave 5 mins and repeat until flame is blue. It’s very easy to have too much diesel coming into the pot, which causes the yellow flame.

hi jen thank you. yes that seems to be the problem .we have tried nearly every thing .the top and the inner casing got red hot it was glowing .could it be the regulator wants resetting not that i now if that is  possible ..we have gone by the guide manual to the letter and still no joy ..regards 

1 hour ago, haza said:

we have tried nearly every thing .

It's not clear from your description if you have adjusted the high fire screw.  Turn the control knob to about 4.  If, after a while the flame starts to go yellow, screw in the high fire screw a quarter turn.  Leave for ten minutes to see if the new setting stabilises the flame.  Continue this process until you have a constant blue flame.

You also report that the fire made the inner casing glow red.  This usually happens when too much diesel has been allowed into the pot before lighting.

thank you very much for your help with this .i have read all your other information on theses fires and i am sure they have been a great help so thank you ....so when you say screw in the high fire screw .which one would that be ..regards 

20190318_092904.jpg

24 minutes ago, haza said:

thank you very much for your help with this .i have read all your other information on theses fires and i am sure they have been a great help so thank you ....so when you say screw in the high fire screw .which one would that be ..regards 

20190318_092904.jpg

If I remember rightly the Highfire screw is at top left, must be under the edge of the white knob, You can just see the edge of it in your pic.  Looks like you need to pull the white knob off to adjust it.      Tou can  Google  the PDF manual for ''Toby DVR oil controls''.

thanks guys but i seem to be getting no where with this .i will keep playing about with it, i dont think i can do any harm .one thing where it say lift open in the photo .it lifts up but dont stay up just drops back to where i lifted it from ...

This document shows the high flame adjustment screw add anything else you need to know about the Toby valve.

I found turning the screw 1/8th of a turn at a time and waiting 15 minutes before checking the effect worked for me.

O_C_I_Ships_Valve.pdf

Edited by cuthound
To remove a letter masquerading as a space

hi the fire starts up a blue flame is present .but after 10/15 mins it goes out .so it seems there is  not enough fuel to keep it going ..would there be anyone out there who could maybe give me a price to have a look at it .i think it a case of just getting the balance right ,,pm if so .once again thanks .regards 

10 minutes ago, haza said:

thanks for that cuthound  ,thats a bubble themo is it not .but thankls all the same ,now if you find the same for a refelks that would be great ..thanks 

Is it gravity fed or is there an electric pump, if so is the pump working ok. And if there's a pre filter, is it clean and not bunged up with muck.

There is a users manual PDF file if you google Reflek Toby DVR, check it out or download it.

Edited by bizzard

1 hour ago, haza said:

thanks for that cuthound  ,thats a bubble themo is it not .but thankls all the same ,now if you find the same for a refelks that would be great ..thanks 

The Toby oil control valve is used on many drip feed oil stoves including Bubble, Kabola and Reflecks.

sarcasm is the lowest form off wit lol  but for those who would like or feel they can help with this .whats behind this plate is it some sort of built in filter and could i take it off and have a look at it .or is it best to leave alone .thank s 

20190319_104753 (2).jpg

I'm going tp make what is probably a dumb comment.

Make sure the diesel valve is off and even then you will still get a regulators worth of diesel when you unscrew the cover. 

You will probably have guessed that in advance but....

• Greenie 1

When you are cleaning out the burner pot you need to do this...

Take out the catalyser cage. Take a small drill bit or a piece of wire. Reach down to the base of the pot and curl your fingers under the rim. You will find a row of small holes all round the rim - hidden from the eye. Poke each hole clear. You get a better burn when they are clear.

15 minutes ago, WJM said:

When you are cleaning out the burner pot you need to do this...

Take out the catalyser cage. Take a small drill bit or a piece of wire. Reach down to the base of the pot and curl your fingers under the rim. You will find a row of small holes all round the rim - hidden from the eye. Poke each hole clear. You get a better burn when they are clear.

And at the same time gently scrape any crud from the bottom of the burner pot.

Clean g of the holes and burner pot needs doing evey 500 hours of running, or sooner if necessary.

thank you all so much for your info on this .it as been very much apriciated .but i have flapped about with it so much ...i have got the guy from lockgate coming tomorrow .i just hope it will be all worth while in the end ..or i may have to put the wood/coal burner back .in .but at least i got 30 bags of coal and plenty of logs to go with it lol

once again thank you all 

• Happy 3