WATERSIDE MOORINGS COMPLETES PRICE REVIEW FOR ITS LONDON MOORINGS

Ray T

Featured Posts

press release

15 March 2019

Waterside Moorings completes price review for its London moorings

Waterside Moorings, the division of the Canal & River Trust which manages the permanent moorings that it offers across England and Wales, has written to customers in central London advising them of the outcome of the price review to bring prices in-line with the market rate for these popular and valued sites.

Just under 300 permanent moorings in central London are managed by Waterside Moorings – a relatively small proportion of the available permanent moorings in the capital.

Following the price review, which took place over the past year, 16% of London customers will see prices increase between inflation and 1% above inflation. Prices for 8% of Waterside Mooring customers in London will remain the same and receive no increase. To bring their prices in-line with the market rate, the remainder of customers will see prices rise more significantly, but the Trust will cap annual increases to a maximum of 10% for a transition period of up to five years.

Mark Evans, head of waterside moorings, comments: “I appreciate that any price increase is unwelcome.  We want our customers to stay with us rather than go elsewhere, so I can assure them that any price change will still ensure that our moorings are in line with prices charged for comparable moorings elsewhere in London.

“I understand and appreciate that making the necessary financial adjustments to afford the new mooring fee may be tough for some of our long-standing mooring customers.  We are therefore not going to impose the full increase straight away, but rather, phase the increase over the next five years.

“I believe that our London moorings remain good value for money, and we will continue our programme of improvements to ensure that we maintain their quality.”

Following representations from customers, and after conducting meetings with mooring and boater’s groups, Waterside Moorings had its price review process examined by an independent third party who found that its methodology and process was both fair and reasonable.

Waterside Moorings manages 3,600 moorings across England and Wales, with all profits being returned to the Canal & River Trust charity to help keep the nation’s waterways working and available for people to use and enjoy.  The moorings provided by Waterside Moorings are places where boaters can permanently keep their boat.  Waterside Moorings does not look after the Trust’s visitor moorings which are stretches of towpath where boaters cruising around the network can moor for up to 14 days at a time for no charge at all.

Ends

Notes to editors

For more information contact joe.coggins@canalrivertrust.org.uk 020 3204 4410

2 minutes ago, LadyG said:

and what rate would that be ?

According to the letter 3.0%, the rate of inflation in January 2019.

I think this must be RPI because the CPI was 1.8% in January.  

Another statistical con, my pension is linked to CPI, but everything else seems to link to RPI.

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, cuthound said:

According to the letter 3.0%, the rate of inflation in January 2019.

I think this must be RPI because the CPI was 1.8% in January.  

Another statistical con, my pension is linked to CPI, but everything else seems to link to RPI.

Mine is also CPI and has been for the last thirty years so far that I have been claiming it ? However yours I assume is like mine in that it goes up with CPI but can never be reduced?

I see, so they put up their annual rates based on the one month of RPI. which just happens to be higher than the annual rate of CPI? and not related to RPI

Edited by LadyG

15 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Mine is also CPI and has been for the last thirty years so far that I have been claiming it ? However yours I assume is like mine in that it goes up with CPI but can never be reduced?

Yes, good innit (but only on the rare occassion of yhe economy deflating which hasnt happened in my lifetime ?).

6 minutes ago, cuthound said:

Yes, good innit (but only on the rare occassion of yhe economy deflating which hasnt happened in my lifetime ?).

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh but with Br---t if it ever happens then it will make a big difference when the country goes bankrupt innitt ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cuthound said:

I got notification from CRT earlier this week that my EoG mooring will go up by the rate of inflation.

Lucky you. Mine has more than doubled (because they forgot to review it for 18 years, so I suppose I can't really complain)