How the 'eck Does everything work??

sniffy the great

Featured Posts

12 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

I don't know about your boat but my starboard plasma conduit is leaking badly. It certainly is rocket science.

You can fix that with a left handed thribble washer, but no you’ve got to go your own way.

I told you boat technology reached its zenith in 1937 with the fitting of electrical lighting to grand union boats.

introducing things that involve plasma, bluetooth, apps, automation composting toilets and lithium batteries and the like confuse boats and they reject it. 

Thats why forums like this get questions like why dont my 24 volt batteries not charge on 12, and why do i need to run my engine 24/7 to keep my nasal hair trimmer charged, and why do my work collegies not visit me now i have a vegan combusting  toilet

Boats are simple things that if left alone will simply Rust in peace , but at least then you can fix them with an old screwdriver and a bit of fence wire.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, cuthound said:

But will you be able to resist the temptation to press them? ? 

Big red buttons with do not press written on it are of course meant to be pressed

4 minutes ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

If @tree monkey's boat sinks, or blows up, we will know.

Jen

Don't worry I've fitted it to BSPs boat

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sniffy the great said:

I see this topic has descended into silliness - which is exactly how it’s meant to be.

However, I have BIG NEWS....! I worked out how to start the engine...! And it started....!!

Next stop - the electrics. 

I'm so chuffed.

sniffy

Have you worked out how to stop the engine yet? Usually a button to press or pull to shut off the fuel supply.

Older designs of engines have cylinder decompression levers

9 minutes ago, sniffy the great said:

I see this topic has descended into silliness - which is exactly how it’s meant to be.

However, I have BIG NEWS....! I worked out how to start the engine...! And it started....!!

I'm so chuffed.

sniffy

Have you worked out how to start your ecofan? That's almost as important.

For health and safety, any buttons, switches etc should have the following sign displayed nearby:-

ACHTUNG!!!

Das machine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben.  Ist easy

schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und corkenpoppen mit

spitzensparken.  Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen.

ACHTUNG!

Alles Touristen Und Non-technishen Lookens Peepers! Das Machine control is Nicht Fur Gerfingenpoken Und Mittengrabben. Oderwise is Easy Schnappen Der Springenwerk, Blowenfuse, Und Poppencorken Mit Spitzensparken. Der Machine is Diggen by Experten Only. Is Nicht Fur Gerverken by Das Dummkopfen. Das Rubberneken Sightseenen Keepen Das Cottonpicken Hands in Das Pockets, So Relaxen Und Watchen Das Blinkenlights

Howard

first thing to do OP is get your self a decent bottle of malt sit on the bow and enjoy the sunset and then worry about everything in the morning and raise a toast to the old girl and she will never let you down . good luck this forum is full of very knowledgeable people who will love to help just provide all the details and photos and you will be in good hands  

• Greenie 1
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, sniffy the great said:

I'm so chuffed.

sniffy

I will have you know I am always serious,  take the scotch advice given above that's very important 

3 hours ago, tree monkey said:

Big red buttons with do not press written on it are of course meant to be pressed

Don't worry I've fitted it to BSPs boat

When I worked on flight sims back in the early 70’s some wag fitted a button to the side of a rack with a big label “Do not press”. It was wired to a latching relay powering a siren and rotating blue beacon. 

Guess how many times a day the relay had to be reset...

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 2

Consequences consequences you started your boat engine and the impact echoed round the world. School children went  on strike against global warming hearing the dulcet tones of your diesel. ( but still got taken home in mumsies wange wover coz thats a hybrid init) .

a future Genius missed maths, couldnt compute Pi, and therefore became a nail technician , rather than designing plasma drives, the world heated up and the wasps dies. All because you started your new boat without the proper manual.. there are consequences....its all baby boomers fault you have ruined the world for us in the future..risk it must be eliminated

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, roland elsdon said:

Consequences consequences you started your boat engine and the impact echoed round the world. School children went  on strike against global warming hearing the dulcet tones of your diesel. ( but still got taken home in mumsies wange wover coz thats a hybrid init) .

a future Genius missed maths, couldnt compute Pi, and therefore became a nail technician , rather than designing plasma drives, the world heated up and the wasps dies. All because you started your new boat without the proper manual.. there are consequences....its all baby boomers fault you have ruined the world for us in the future..risk it must be eliminated

I think you have mistaken the reaction and celebrations, (especially from adjacent boat owners) between the OP's success of starting the engine, to that, when he successfully found a way of stopping it!