Checkers missing boats on home mooring

Tony Brooks

Featured Posts

On 17/03/2019 at 11:50, Alan de Enfield said:

I had a huge argument with Hull marina when I arrived for a mooring I had applied for, been granted and paid for (in advance)

They refused it.

On asking why they said I had not got a BSSC and BWML T&Cs demanded that a BSSC was evidenced before granting a mooring.

I then explained that as a sea-going vessel (we had just completed a 3000 mile cruise) we didn't need one.

Yes you do to go on the Humber and into the Marina.

No I don't.

Eventually the 'Directors' at Sawley head office, made a decision - I did not need a BSSC and their T&Cs would be amended to make it applicable ONLY for marinas on waters that required a BSS to obtain a licence.

I seem to live in a very strange world - or other folks do !!

(The blindingly obvious is not always so obvious)

No surprise to me. From my experience at Ripon marina, I could write a book on the incompetence of those lightweights at BWML Hull. 

On 15/03/2019 at 10:55, Dave123 said:

Agreed...but this still doesn't require logging what boats are in the marina when. You'd think all CRT need to do to get round dodgy marina operators is measure/count the available mooring space/berths against the number/length of boats claiming it as their home mooring? It shouldn't matter whether said boats are there or not at any given time?

I am 2 pages behind so this may have been said, CRT now expect all boaters to move to a new place every 14 days, not just CCrs so clocking you in say Braunston marina resets the clock for all the times the see you at Fox's gate

39 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

I am 2 pages behind so this may have been said, CRT now expect all boaters to move to a new place every 14 days, not just CCrs

IT has been said, and also the fact that it cannot be enforced as there is no legal requirement for a boat with a home mooring to 'bona fide navigate'.

40 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

IT has been said, and also the fact that it cannot be enforced as there is no legal requirement for a boat with a home mooring to 'bona fide navigate'.

See I go away for the weekend and look what happens I lose the plot.

• Greenie 1