CRT Summer Stoppage Program BCN

Heartland

Featured Posts

I was surprised to hear that a series of summer stoppages are planned including the Rushall Canal, which may affect those travelling to the Brownhills Rally. If this is the case, It would probably mean greater use of the Walsall Locks.

This option is not favorite with boaters, I believe

• Happy 1

32 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Personaly I think summer stoppages make sense in many ways. Not least there is much more daylight and probably better weather to enable getting on with the job.

Why does more daylight change things - CRT and contractors will still only work 8.40-4.:detective:

1 minute ago, matty40s said:

Why does more daylight change things - CRT and contractors will still only work 8.40-4.:detective:

Cos in the winter they pack up at 2.30 due to " failing light " thats if they even start due to " wet conditions " innitt.

• 2 weeks later...

I heard that it was discussed at a meeting at the CRT Birmingham offices, March 11th, so presumably the CRT are still mulling the proposal over. My concern is that the projected lock gate replacements on the Rushall will lead a stoppage that will restrict boat movement to and from the Rally.