Trent and Soar

rawsondsr

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Bod said:

If you are still at the bottom of the Watford locks,  chandlery at Wilton marina is not far, 1/2 day, or even back to Braunston, plenty of chandleries there.

As roland says, there's not much on the summit.  Beer and food at Crick, little else till Foxton locks.

Bod

Thank you Bod :)

1 hour ago, Bod said:

If you are still at the bottom of the Watford locks,  chandlery at Wilton marina is not far, 1/2 day, or even back to Braunston, plenty of chandleries there.

As roland says, there's not much on the summit.  Beer and food at Crick, little else till Foxton locks.

Bod

Oy, 

excellent delicatessen at Yelvertoft, lovely pub at the top of the Welford Arm along with a nice walk round the reservoirs at the head of the River Avon, decent pubs at North Kilworth and Husbands Bosworth. North Kilworth Wharf should be able to supply antifreeze.

13 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Oy, 

excellent delicatessen at Yelvertoft, lovely pub at the top of the Welford Arm along with a nice walk round the reservoirs at the head of the River Avon, decent pubs at North Kilworth and Husbands Bosworth. North Kilworth Wharf should be able to supply antifreeze.

Oh thanks Matty! :) 

1 hour ago, Jennifer McM said:

Oh thanks Matty! :) 

Well it is one of my favourite canals, the section past the Laughton Fells is stunning...and the views over the valley at this time of year superb.

There is one spot where the hedges have been cut really low, best mooring in the world.

• Greenie 1

25 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Well it is one of my favourite canals, the section past the Laughton Fells is stunning...and the views over the valley at this time of year superb.

There is one spot where the hedges have been cut really low, best mooring in the world.

Can't wait to get going again, it looks like the wind could be abating by Friday. I'm making notes, so thank you Matty :) 

Leicester summit is truely lovely but not in the wind and rain. The cycling and walking is superb. Bridleways and footpaths abound, its worth having an os map.

i have a fabulous picture of the boat going under the  new a14 bridge which is stationary in both directions. The only blots are the new marinas , crick , yelvertoft and now kilworth.

when i worked in leicester we used to spend a few weeks a year on the leicester cut to ease the bloody awful commute from napton. Coming home to places like kilworth or yelvertoft made it worth it.

13 hours ago, matty40s said:

Oy, 

Seconded.

4 hours ago, roland elsdon said:

. The only blots are the new marinas , crick , yelvertoft and now kilworth.

Coming home to places like kilworth or yelvertoft made it worth it.

It just dawned on me......

One of my favourite moorings - now gone.

Windmill on hill and Yelvertoft slipway means no mooring there any more.

4 hours ago, roland elsdon said:

Leicester summit is truely lovely but not in the wind and rain. The cycling and walking is superb. Bridleways and footpaths abound, its worth having an os map.

i have a fabulous picture of the boat going under the  new a14 bridge which is stationary in both directions. The only blots are the new marinas , crick , yelvertoft and now kilworth.

when i worked in leicester we used to spend a few weeks a year on the leicester cut to ease the bloody awful commute from napton. Coming home to places like kilworth or yelvertoft made it worth it.

Yep. Non of which were even a pipe dream when we moved aboard. Same has happened all over though, loads of boat parks everywhere. The only up side being that many of them are not full all the time so it keeps the price down for those that want them.