Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Featured Posts

8 minutes ago, Athy said:

Have you suffered a burglary? Your very wary attitude suggests that you have.

I am sure that members would like to know which of them you feel may be ne'er-do-wells. I hope that suggestion was flippant.

Anyone who wants to know where someone lives and has an idea of which area they're in only has to look in the telephone directory, where they will probably be listed.

No I haven't.

I was a school governor for many years and spent a lot of time working on child protection.  Also in my line of work I get to see a lot of information that companies are gathering based on what people post on social media.

It didn't take me long to find out information on you based on what you post on here and music forums you post on.

1 hour ago, Rob-M said:

No I haven't.

I was a school governor for many years and spent a lot of time working on child protection.  Also in my line of work I get to see a lot of information that companies are gathering based on what people post on social media.

It didn't take me long to find out information on you based on what you post on here and music forums you post on.

And?

We prefer to not worry about it. 

There is nothing in our home that would seriously bother us if it was stolen. Except Syd of course but he is usually with us not on his own!

1 hour ago, Rob-M said:

No I haven't.

Whilst I agree with others that its no good worrying about it, I have to agree that today many people simply have no idea what a Godsend such as Farcebook,  Twatter and the like have been to the criminal fraternity. Its simply unbelieveable what people put on there apparently. I have a very good friend who works at a very high level with the government re the problems and criminality thats aided by social meeja, its a greater problem than most people have any idea about.

5 hours ago, MartynG said:

Not me .

In any case do telephone directories still exist ?

What have you got to hide?

Yes, of course they do.

5 hours ago, Rob-M said:

Well done. So what? As far as I'm aware I have nothing to hide.

Edited by Athy

36 minutes ago, Athy said:

So what? As far as I'm aware I have nothing to hide.

Excellent.  

Could you please post your full name, address, date of birth, place of birth, mother's maiden name, name of your first pet, name of your first school and your credit/debit card number, their expiry dates and the three security digits on the back.

Thanks in advance, everyone who wants to scam you.

6 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

Excellent.  

Could you please post your full name, address, date of birth, place of birth, mother's maiden name, name of your first pet, name of your first school and your credit/debit card number, their expiry dates and the three security digits on the back.

You can find most of that online if you try hard enough. 

7 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

Excellent.  

Most of that, yes. I would not post my debit card details (I haven't got a credit card) because that would be a security risk - obviously, people with felonious intent could make use of it. I don't think that anyone would gain much from the revelations that my mother was born Frances Maddison or that I had a cat called Elmore. But they're welcome to try!

As Rachel says, most of the information you mention could be quickly found by research, though I don't think you'd find any information on Elmore.

Well that's it. Deal is done. 

We managed to get a few more sweeteners thrown in. They are paying the stamp duty and legal fees.

Had another good look at the house now the flooring is down.

If the solicitors and mortgage company are on the ball we could be moving in in four weeks!

• Greenie 1
  • Happy 3

34 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

Well that's it. Deal is done. 

We managed to get a few more sweeteners thrown in. They are paying the stamp duty and legal fees.

Had another good look at the house now the flooring is down.

If the solicitors and mortgage company are on the ball we could be moving in in four weeks!

YEE-HAH!

(Remember that advert featuring the actor from the "Slam in the lamb" commercials?) I was going to say Jeffrey Archer, but it wasn't him.

Edited by Athy

55 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

Hassle your solicitor to stop your papers migrating to the bottom of the pile. Eventually he’ll move it just to get rid of you ;)

1 minute ago, WotEver said:

Hassle your solicitor to stop your papers migrating to the bottom of the pile. Eventually he’ll move it just to get rid of you ;)

We are using a solicitors recommended by DWH. But yes we will be on their case and the financial advisors for the whole four weeks to get things moving on quickly. 

2 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

20190309-150843.jpg
public photo upload

• Happy 1

Going back a little....burglar to his mate: "You'll recognise their house, it's the one with the white car outside".

14 minutes ago, Athy said:

Going back a little....burglar to his mate: "You'll recognise their house, it's the one with the white car outside".

If I could give you a like for that I would :D

As I said in an earlier post the only slight oddity with the house is that the driveway and garage are on the opposite side of the house between us and next door and we have to walk around the house to get to the front door. 

1 hour ago, WotEver said:

Indeed, when we last moved I wasn't impressed with my solicitor, who rarely notified me, forcing me to call her. She then complained that I was hassling her when I phoned for weekly updates.

I told her I wished that I could have worked in such a low pressure environment and then complained to the principal solicitor.

That got the result I was looking for. 😁

• Happy 1

5 hours ago, Athy said:

Oh to be so naive.

2 hours ago, Rob-M said:

Oh to be so naive.

Oh to be so lacking in a sense of humour. If you look at the photo, every car parked in the street is white.

What do you mean by your "naive" comment?

16 hours ago, Athy said:

Most of that, yes. I would not post my debit card details (I haven't got a credit card) because that would be a security risk - obviously, people with felonious intent could make use of it. I don't think that anyone would gain much from the revelations that my mother was born Frances Maddison or that I had a cat called Elmore. But they're welcome to try!

As Rachel says, most of the information you mention could be quickly found by research, though I don't think you'd find any information on Elmore.

Well done!  And you even identify your house and boat in your avatar.  The Fenland criminals will be rubbing their hands, providing the webs don't get in the way.  

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Cheshire cat said:

I'm sure it wil be very nice. Well done. I took my driving test in Worksop a very long time ago.

No hill starts then?

9 hours ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

Well done!  And you even identify your house and boat in your avatar.  The Fenland criminals will be rubbing their hands, providing the webs don't get in the way.  

The house and the boat are 97 miles apart these days, which should confuse them.

One forum member, a man with a keen legal brain, did actually turn up at my door last year, having worked out where I lived. But he was more interested in seeing if our landing stage was for hire than in nicking our telly.

18 hours ago, Athy said:

We have an aerial photo of our house and the car in the drive isn't mine 😣.

The photo must have been taken on the one day my brother in law parked his old car on our drive soon after we bought our boat in 2014.

Edited by cuthound

3 hours ago, cuthound said:

We have an aerial photo of our house...

So does everyone else; it’s called Google Earth ;)

27 minutes ago, WotEver said:

So does everyone else; it’s called Google Earth ;)

True, and the Google Earth image for my house has finally (after 5 years) been updated to show my mooring development. However it is fuzzy when you zoom in, unlike my aerial photo.

Time to start planning how we are going to work this move out now as it will be happening so quickly. 

The Sierra is going into storage next week so that it is out of the way. Estate agents are coming around to photograph our house in the week so it can go straight on the market and then we can start packing.

And then we have to decide where stuff is going in the new house.

20190316-111754.jpg

20190316-112911.jpg

20190316-111824.jpg

20190316-111813.jpg

The turf might not be down by the time we move in. Apparently they are having trouble sourcing good quality turf due to the hot dry summer last year!

It will get done though before long.

• Greenie 1

The drill is: spend a couple of weeks chucking out all the stuff you don’t need to take with you. Move. Then spend a couple of years saying “why the he## did we bring this junk” and throwing it away.

• Haha 2