Looking for a Boat Safety Examiner.

Featured Posts

Hello again

I am looking for a boat safety examiner who is willing to work in the Nottinghamshire area.

Does anyone know or had recent dealings with a good BSS examiner and could recommend please?.

Were they Reasonably priced & fair ?.

I asked this question before,  but my Boat safety examiner has let me down, and i have to start all over again.

I am looking for a Boat safety certificate to be carried out & not a hull survey.

Thank's for your help again.

Enjoy your boating ....

1 hour ago, L1sterSR2 said:

I am looking for a boat safety examiner who is willing to work in the Nottinghamshire area.

Not sure if he does narrowboats (presuming that is what you have) but you might try Ian Lumley

https://www.iims.org.uk/iims-members/iims-membership-directory/7184/ian-lumley/

To be honest I have never attended while the BSS inspection has been completed so cant say if the examinations have been thorough or not. 

My first boat required  an extra  fire extinguisher to be added. It had previously not been on inland waters .  Other than that there have been no issues .

The new addition this year is a requirement for CO detectors .

• 1 year later...

We have used Ricky Tropman in the past, he is a nice guy and gives good advise. His phone number is 07887 836754. His charges are very reasonable .

Edited by russ2903
to give more information

34 minutes ago, russ2903 said:

We have used Ricky Tropman in the past, he is a nice guy and gives good advise. His phone number is 07887 836754. His charges are very reasonable .

Presumably, since the request was just over a year ago, he found one and hopefully will not need another for 3 years.