Saltersford

dor

Featured Posts

Don't think this has been put up...

THe work on Saltersford Large lock is going to overrun.  Closed until 18th April.

Update on 06/03/2019:

Unfortunately the works at Saltersford Lock have encountered unforeseen problems with its structural condition during the dewatering phase. This has resulted in a delay to the project, and the earliest date when we hope to be able to re-open the navigation to customers is now by close of play on 18th April 2019.

All preparatory works are being carried out underwater by divers, so there are obvious complexities associated with this.  The floor on the downstream approach to the lock has been found to be badly damaged and this is currently preventing installation of the downstream stop planks until a solution is implemented.  Urgent works are ongoing to try and resolve this issue in order that the lock can be dewatered, thoroughly inspected and repaired as necessary in order to facilitate its future operable condition. 

We apologise for this ongoing closure, and are progressing the dewatering (and subsequent repairs) as soon as we can.

• 4 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Nick A said:

Is the small lock still operational?  In other words, does this mean the Weaver is closed downstream of the lift for narrow boats and similar or not?  I really ought to know, but can't find it anywhere.

Yes its fully closed and is likely to be so for a little time yet, from what I have heard on the ground it may be a bit longer than the present stoppage suggests A photo on my blog http://nbharnser.blogspot.com/2019/03/northwich.html the lock is now dry