First volockie irritation of the year.

nicknorman

Featured Posts

13 minutes ago, pearley said:

On the times we've been through there's only been one lockie. Boats were warned not to enter the tunnel until he had blown his whistle. Do CRT not issue whistles anymore?

I for one am glad that I did not experience such a system - it clearly needs to be tested against the Equalities Act.

31 minutes ago, Mike Todd said:

I for one am glad that I did not experience such a system - it clearly needs to be tested against the Equalities Act.

Are you advocating that we use his/hers he/she or they or whatever the latest non gender specific identifier is? 

Pardon? 

Well the new fangled flags won't work, its a curved tunnel. So a switched light system or a fog horn. 

I had no problems with it, my hearing aids worked well. Whistles are at the shrill end of the spectrum too, where my hearing loss is. 

1 hour ago, sirweste said:

I got the impression that generally folks just let them work the locks.

Some of them complain that boaters expect them to work them through and I was traveling with one boat where the lady said "O good, volunteers, I don't need to do anything" It was a double lock and Diana was off our boat before we stopped.