First volockie irritation of the year.

nicknorman

Featured Posts

3 hours ago, BruceinSanity said:

Vide the current POTUS!

2 hours ago, PaulJ said:

I too must be a 'person of low ability' then as I had to look up the meaning of two of your four words ?

2 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

I hope it wasn't the middle two!

Woiuld they be the Amps per hour?

??

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WotEver said:

No, that’s the wife of a sultan. (Truly, look it up). 

I know, but it is also a dried grape.

sultana

Dictionary result for sultana

/sʌlˈtɑːnə/
noun
  1. 1.
    BRITISH
    a small, light brown, seedless raisin used in foods such as puddings and cakes.
    "a sultana cake"
  2. 2.
    a wife or concubine of a sultan.
Edited by cuthound

2 hours ago, Jim Riley said:

So maybe carry a copy or two of that document quoted by Alan (I think). Calmly state your case with the uppity volocky, back it up with the statement from their health and safety chief. 

Would anyone actually thinking of doing this please make themselves known to the Director of Recruitment at ACAS - they're looking for self riteous wotsits to use in training for their negotiators. :icecream:

2 hours ago, BruceinSanity said:

POTUS is American for President of the United States and was me being lazy.

And there's me thinking it was 'Pillock of the United States'.................. Oh its all right, its the same thing.

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mike Tee said:

And there's me thinking it was 'Pillock of the United States'.................. Oh its all right, its the same thing.

Wasn't it Bill Clinton who was nicknamed Walking Eagle by the native Americans - allegedly because he was so full of s#it there was no way he would get off the ground?

I wonder what they call the current incumbent?  Or what his secret service codename is for that matter?

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Wasn't it Bill Clinton who was nicknamed Walking Eagle by the native Americans - allegedly because he was so full of s#it there was no way he would get off the ground?

I wonder what they call the current incumbent?  Or what his secret service codename is for that matter?

Mogul (I think that's dickhead in Swahili).

Apparently all the present incumbents have codenames starting with 'M': Wiki is your friend.

linky to wikipedia 

• Happy 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Would anyone actually thinking of doing this please make themselves known to the Director of Recruitment at ACAS - they're looking for self riteous wotsits to use in training for their negotiators. :icecream:

Self righteous wotsits are to be found sitting on many a lock beam, apparently. 

I'm missing something, was the volocky right to sit on the lock beam? Ignoring his training!

Anyone acting outside the guidelines/whims of the mods on here gets short shrift, yet no lives are at risk. 

20 minutes ago, Jim Riley said:

I'm missing something, was the volocky right to sit on the lock beam? Ignoring his training!

Not at all - but boaters carrying the documentation around ready for a conflict? Oh heck!

On ‎06‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 13:55, nicknorman said:

By the time I walked across the bottom gates he was sitting on the balance beam leaning over the other bottom paddle.

Sounds as though he was pi~~ed.  You are lucky he didn't puke all over your shoes.

8 hours ago, cuthound said:

I know, but it is also a dried grape.

sultana

Dictionary result for sultana

/sʌlˈtɑːnə/
noun
  1. 1.
    BRITISH
    a small, light brown, seedless raisin used in foods such as puddings and cakes.
    "a sultana cake"
  2. 2.
    a wife or concubine of a sultan.

Anyone else following 'Tumanbay' on Radio 4?'

What fond memories some of these clichés bring back, e.g. "Must make a determined effort" (= wake up, you idle little sod), "Steady progress" (= which one is he?) & c.

(Above remarks are in general terms, not in specific reference to Laurie's report).

My parents' favourite of my teachers' report comments was "He works in a highly individualistic manner and at his own pace". Dad read it, laughed and said "He thinks you're slow and awkward, then".

Edited by Athy

23 minutes ago, Lysander said:

My other half had to go to Philosophy classes in the sixth form and I always treasure the report comment which in very small neat writing said "Unobtrusive".

Tee-hee. Did no work but wasn't a nuisance, then?

11 minutes ago, Victor Vectis said:

"Having taught your son for this year I have only just discovered who he is....................which speaks volumes for us both"

I once taught a boy like that. He sat in the middle of the front row in his form, but had a remarkable knack of blending in with his surroundings. I think he would have made good M.I.5 material.