Featured Posts

3 hours ago, little-wren said:

For the record, I am not connected/affiliated/associated with tankbusters/RCR or any other canal-service/fuel-polishing/tank-cleaning service/thing.

Just a hopefully-now-not-so-naive boater wanting to increase knowledge & help others etc.

I recall getting a quote from a sailmaker in Windermere for a couple of repair jobs to a foresail and a canopy. He said he couldn’t be precise, so I asked what it couldn’t possibly be more than. He said something like £500. I asked him to confirm it more than once, and he did. The suggestion was that it would probably be much less than £500. Got a bill for about £650 and vowed never to use him again.

(the figures might be a bit out as it was 2006, so memory has faded - but I haven’t forgotten what he did!)

I too learned a lesson, but have experienced similar many times over the years, and wonder how some people stay in business.

You will not use CWDF to post or reference to any material anywhere on the site, or send any message, or make a series of posts or messages which cumulatively are; knowingly false and/or defamatory, aimed to deceive or ridicule, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, disruptive, intimidating, threatening, inflammatory, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, bullying or invasive of a person's privacy.

Personal attacks on any person by name-calling, ridicule, obscene or vulgar language are not permitted.

Disruptive posting such as seeks to test the limits, or otherwise push the boundaries of these rules and guidelines is not permitted.

Attacking or harassing another person through the posting of off-site links is not permitted.

Posting any material, anywhere on the site, that is deemed to have a primarily political theme that is not strictly related to inland waterways and/or boating is prohibited. In addition, content containing a religious theme, or content that makes commentary on religious issues, is not permitted.

Postings about waterway legislation, regulations, management, navigation, moorings, maintenance, and finance are permitted.

It is not permitted to engage in inter-site ‘flaming’ whereby disruptive content from elsewhere other than CWDF is discussed in relation to member activities on CWDF.

4 minutes ago, Cool said:

You will not use CWDF to post or reference to any material anywhere on the site, or send any message, or make a series of posts or messages which cumulatively are; knowingly false and/or defamatory, aimed to deceive or ridicule, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, disruptive, intimidating, threatening, inflammatory, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, bullying or invasive of a person's privacy.

Personal attacks on any person by name-calling, ridicule, obscene or vulgar language are not permitted.

Disruptive posting such as seeks to test the limits, or otherwise push the boundaries of these rules and guidelines is not permitted.

Attacking or harassing another person through the posting of off-site links is not permitted.

Posting any material, anywhere on the site, that is deemed to have a primarily political theme that is not strictly related to inland waterways and/or boating is prohibited. In addition, content containing a religious theme, or content that makes commentary on religious issues, is not permitted.

Postings about waterway legislation, regulations, management, navigation, moorings, maintenance, and finance are permitted.

It is not permitted to engage in inter-site ‘flaming’ whereby disruptive content from elsewhere other than CWDF is discussed in relation to member activities on CWDF.

Now that is a strange first post

• Greenie 3

6 minutes ago, Cool said:

Care to elaborate?? If you are putting the other side it’s not looking good for you so far.....

5 minutes ago, THE TANKBUSTERS said:

Its very simple, members that put adverse comments of companies or individuals  and do not put the truce facts, mislead other members.

That is very clear in Canal World Terms and conditions. The point being THINK BEFORE TYPING 

Ok, so why not put the facts as you see them?

Duplicate or multiple user accounts ("sock puppets") aimed to deliberately deceive or circumvent disciplinary action are not permitted. In fact, the general interpretation is one account per person.

I can't see this ever looking good for THE TANKBUSTERS :  imho the only way out would be to refund the customer about £400.

A quote is a quote, the customer could contact Trading Standards and ask them to look at this transaction.

Edited by LadyG

44 minutes ago, THE TANKBUSTERS said:

Its very simple, members that put adverse comments of companies or individuals  and do not put the truce facts, mislead other members.

That is very clear in Canal World Terms and conditions. The point being THINK BEFORE TYPING 

I think that tells me all I need to know 

thanks 

47 minutes ago, THE TANKBUSTERS said:

I think that may not be the lesson to be learned, 

51 minutes ago, THE TANKBUSTERS said:

So are you saying that the version of events wasn't true?

1 hour ago, THE TANKBUSTERS said:

So in order to provide a fair and accurate representation of the service,you provided, which of the facts that have been clearly posted would you like to challenge? 

TRUCE facts? Does that mean that "COOL" aka "THE TANKBUSTERS" doesn't want to have a go at me for my comments? I'm entitled to my opinions. Or is it that the original post was a fabrication or outright lie?

Which part of chicanery does not apply?

12 hours ago, Cool said:

Thank you for that advice - which, although you have not mentioned it, comes from our published site rules.

Do you wish to suggest that one or more of these rules has been broken somewhere in this thread? If so, please specify which one(s).

10 hours ago, THE TANKBUSTERS said:

Thank you for posting - you are the owner of the Tankbusters company, I presume?

Perhaps, after due thought of course, you could tell us the story in your own words.

1 minute ago, LadyG said:

They appeared pretty much at the same time.

So did the no.60 and no.46 services at Wisbech 'bus station yesterday, but from different directions.

On 04/03/2019 at 12:48, RLWP said:

Weird first post!

I am not sure why, I think he feels he was fleeced, and decided  to state the bare facts, and let others come to their own conclusions.

2 minutes ago, Athy said:

So did the no.60 and no.46 services at Wisbech 'bus station yesterday, but from different directions.

Ah, but the co- incidence of both being in Wisbech at the same time is beyond any normal bus company planning or timetstimetable......