Nicholsons book 5

colmac

Featured Posts

Hi, does anyone know if the latest Nicholsons book 5, North West, includes the Liverpool Link. The edition I have doesn't have the link on it, just a dotted line i.e yet to be completed. Can buy one on line, hence the reason I can't just look in it. Thank you.

My 2009 Nicholson's book 5 has the link in solid blue. It says at the start of the L&L chapter that it was published just before the link was due to open and was going on the best guess information at the time. Anything more recent than 2009 should be basically sound. For something like the link, which relies on CaRT people a lot to navigate and where the procedures can change over time, the CaRT downloadable boaters guides are the best bet for up to date information. I tend to use a mixture of Nicholson's for mapping the route (I like the OS 1:25000 maps) and boaters guides for detailed information.

Jen

Thank you all, will buy it then. I have downloaded and printed out the C&RT skippers guide as well so all should be well for our visit in May provided the canal remains intact.

55 minutes ago, colmac said:

Thank you all, will buy it then. I have downloaded and printed out the C&RT skippers guide as well so all should be well for our visit in May provided the canal remains intact.

Some boating neighbours did the Liverpool Link last year and had a great time. They managed to get on the homeward side the day before the canal breached!