Staffs and Worcs between Kidderminster and Kinver

jonesthenuke

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, Halsey said:

Is anyone actually near there to say what is happening on the ground not just with the canal but with the road works above?? 

Can't answer your specific question about the road works, but we came through (south-north) on Saturday and I can confirm that there was plenty of room to cruise through, I'd suggest for any size/draught of narrowboat.  Whilst the road above looked impassable, my experience bears out CRT's decision to lessen the navigation restriction. 

We'd met a lady the day before who'd previously had her full-sized boat towed back from below Wolverley lock (presumably to the winding hole below Kinver?) rather than risk the offer by the workers to pull her through with a tractor.  It seems with hindsight that this was an unnecessary tow.

• Greenie 1

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys, has anyone got any upto date news of this stoppage?  It is still showing up on my Canal Plan AC proposed route for end of June but not showing any updates since the 3rd April.  We are hoping to complete the Four Counties and Stourport Ring when over from Ireland in a couple of weeks time.  Anyone on the ground with a bit more info for me?  Any help would be brilliant, thank you. x

We came South through the "Wolverley Slippage" on a hireboat (Horned Lark from Alvechurch) a couple of weeks ago. No problem at all for us...just a narrow, shallow few meters of canal to pass slowly. This was midday-ish on a Sunday and no sign of any CRT folk in attendance.

Thank you both for your updates, really appreciate it.  We will stick to our original route now thanks to your help.  Its funny though, on our trip over last year we only had one delay on our whole 14 day route and it was at Wolverley lock where a log had got jammed under the lock gate.  ?