Vandalism

Fly Navy

Featured Posts

56 minutes ago, Mike Tee said:

Off-topic, but your post reminded me of a true story (told to me by the pilot in question) -

When in Niger, we had two Hercules aircraft attached to the job for moving big rigs around the country. One of them needed a major service, so a trip back to Europe was organised. A stop for fuel was planned at Tamanrasset in Algeria. Unfortunately, one of the pilots, halfway there, realised he had an upset stomach and was not going to make it to the refuel point - and there was not a toilet on board, just a bucket type which he didn't fancy. So, having an old briefcase with him, decided to use that. Everything worked out fine, but then he thought 'What do I do with it?'

So, after landing, he put the briefcase next to the steps of the aircraft, in the absolute certain knowledge that somebody would steal it - which they did!!!

Shades of the technique for disposing of old oil in any city. Pour oil into old cans. Carefully clean the cans. Leave out on open deck whilst away from boat.

18 hours ago, zenataomm said:

The last time I took a tape measure to a piece of string I found the length was indeterminate. 

I keep trying to buy graduated string, but supplies always seem to be short. 

Edited by Sea Dog
Double post

10 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I remember trying to measure a length of string but struggled as some one had cut the end off.

Lucky they had not tied the two ends together, you'd be going round in circles.....................

• Love 1

On 01/03/2019 at 12:52, Fly Navy said:

Outside the marinas (because I am assuming they are safe), how frequent is vandalism when you moor up away from the madding crowd, please?

Is there something to be wary of?

Diesel stolen / windows smashed / attempted break-ins / graffiti / releasing the mooring ropes and allowing the boat to drift / etc etc

WRT the releasing of ropes - how on earth does one prevent ones boat from being set adrift???

Thanks in advance

FN

Don't upset fishermen.

DSC_1505.JPG

DSC_1508.JPG

DSC_1507.JPG

10 minutes ago, Mike Tee said:

And if you slapped the arse who wrote that, it would be you in trouble - justice is an arse.

Would justice be improved if you could arbitrarily slap someone you thought might be the culprit without the risk of  being judged for your own actions then?

5 minutes ago, Boater Sam said:

Better to leave them floating face down in the cut and blame the Pusher.

Doesn't work Sam - some do-gooder on here wakes up in the middle of the night and drags them back out! :D

(See recent post)

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Doesn't work Sam - some do-gooder on here wakes up in the middle of the night and drags them back out! :D

(See recent post)

AYE! But proper fishermen throw the catch back.

I've had them jump in just to avoid me.

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Would justice be improved if you could arbitrarily slap someone you thought might be the culprit without the risk of  being judged for your own actions then?

Well obviously only if I caught him doing it, and I'd be quite happy to be judged if he was as well - but thats the point, these poor hard-done by arses are rarely brought to justice. And if he was, he wouldn't need a slap.

58 minutes ago, Mike Tee said:

Well obviously only if I caught him doing it, and I'd be quite happy to be judged if he was as well - but thats the point, these poor hard-done by arses are rarely brought to justice. And if he was, he wouldn't need a slap.

Yeah, I quite understand the sentiment Mike.  It's a conundrum, isn't it? 

1 hour ago, Chris Williams said:

Get a dog and stop worrying.

dogs.JPG

I counted 9 cute little dogs there :) 

Think I'd have to be counting them every 5 minutes in case one of them has fallen off. They'd be the cause of a lot of worry :)