Planned Software Update

RichM

Featured Posts

Hello,

In the coming weeks we will be updating the forum software to Invision Community 4.4.1. Don't panic! The overall look and feel will remain the same, though there will be a few new features & enhancements, to include:

• Search Engine Optimisation - to help Canal World appear more prominently in search engines such as Google
  • Improvements to page load times - particularly beneficial to those using mobile internet connections such as 3G/LTE
  • Improvements to help further encourage new member registrations
  • Minor user interface improvements

A full feature list included as part of this update can be found here

I must stress while this will bring various improvements, it is not a major update in that the overall look and feel will remain the same and we're confident it will remain familiar to our members and guests alike. 

While 4.4.0 is out already, we're currently awaiting for the release of the next software patch (4.4.1) before we commit to upgrade. We expect this to be in the coming weeks. - a further announcement will be posted to let you know when we plan to carry out the upgrade which will likely be done late one evening.

Any questions please let me know

Thanks

RichM

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, matty40s said:

Wow, that's gone smoothly, we are here already....

Well done team.

Who said that?  Why is my tablet overheating and why am I getting all these adverts for PPI refunds?

;)

(It's all good really - and I noticed the new topic icon (+) in the bar.  Thanks Rich!)

5 minutes ago, BruceinSanity said:

All good here, too, nothing to see, in fact. Thanks, Rich.

But what is this topic icon of which you speak, Kimo Sabe?

I'm on a tablet, but the little bar at the top (with the home, search, recent posts, etc, icons) now sports a + to start a new topic. (Actually, it's "create new" and you can choose status or topic)

Edited by Sea Dog
Bit in brackets

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I'm on a tablet, but the little bar at the top (with the home, search, recent posts, etc, icons) now sports a + to start a new topic. (Actually, it's "create new" and you can choose status or topic)

Ah, I see, thanks! Hadn’t spotted it as new, doh!