Anyone Know the Owners of Boat - Miner Bill?

Jennifer McM

Featured Posts

This morning, just when we pushed off a walker found a set of keys and he wondered what he should do with them, thinking the keys was a boater's.  We told him to hand them into the CRT Office, by the Clock House on the Coventry. We watched him walk over the bridge to the office.

There's every possibility thinking about it, these keys could have been lost by the woman/girlfriend of Miner Bill. 

The guy handed the keys into the office at about 11am this morning.

So if you know the owner of Miner Bill, please could you pass on the info. Thanks

Just to add, CRT mission control have been informed

Edited by Jennifer McM

32 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

I don't know the owner of Miner Bill.

But may I diversify and ask how Rusty the dog is?

Thanks for asking... Rusty the dog is being a bl***y pain! 

We've forked out a fortune for the vet's anti-allergen food, hauled all 22kg of it (supposedly 2 months supply) from the vets to the boat, Only for him to turn his nose up at it :( 

He's always been a picky eater, and since he was a pup we've had to entice him to eat by titivating his taste buds with a bit of butter, cheese or something to get him started (my fault for making him soft). How I envy owners of labradors....  I'm not allowed to give him anything except for his new food.

He's been on the 'diet' now for 3 days, though he's only eaten about half of what he should, and his 'constitution' does look appear to be a lot better. 

Think at the moment it's a battle of wills between us, he's being stubborn, more than him not liking the food!  The vet's given us a course of antibiotics just in case he has a bout of trouble, and if he gets a dose of diarrhoea we've to start the course and give the vet a call. 

We've now got two months before we see the vet again, time enough for us to do the Leicester ring before we're back in Atherstone.

Hope to cross bows with you again, on the Leicester line :) 

Edited by Jennifer McM

It's a pain when the dog says "don't want that" but if they don't get anything else they soon learn ?. I keep a small supply of charcoal granules on the boat, at home, and in the caravan and I find it always sorts out "runny bum" problems. A vet told me about them about 40 years ago and they never fail. 

3 minutes ago, haggis said:

It's a pain when the dog says "don't want that" but if they don't get anything else they soon learn ?. I keep a small supply of charcoal granules on the boat, at home, and in the caravan and I find it always sorts out "runny bum" problems. A vet told me about them about 40 years ago and they never fail. 

I've not heard of charcoal granules. Will have to do a bit of googling for that, thank you!

It's a case of being 'cruel to be kind' I know, it's for his own good :( 

7 hours ago, haggis said:

Absolutely correct, the same, more or less, applies to children.

Charcoal has always sorted our dogs, didn't occur to me to try it on my daughter. Too late now, she's 45 and stronger than me (then again, she may be taking it voluntarily as part of one of these new fangled potions).

13 hours ago, Jennifer McM said:

I've not heard of charcoal granules. Will have to do a bit of googling for that, thank you!

It's a case of being 'cruel to be kind' I know, it's for his own good :( 

There used to be a mix of oval doggy biscuits in a box, and they had a few black ones . charcoal, obviously.  As kids do, I  tried them all, the black ones were the worst.

More important, what happened to Bonio?

Edited by LadyG
  • Happy 1

10 hours ago, john6767 said:

You will find NB Miner Bill on Twitter as @BoaterRalph.  You can contact them there, if you don’t do Twitter let me know and I can DM them with a link to this thread.

Thanks John, I discovered he was on Twitter yesterday. As we don't follow each other I couldn't DM him, but I did send him a tweet. I also 'followed' him so he would be able to DM me.

Could you please let him know keys were found by the bridge (two on a ring) and were handed in (as far as I know cos I didn't do it myself) into the CRT Office near to where he's moored. Thanks muchly :) 

Just to add, they may not be his keys, but I've reason to believe they might be.

Edited by Jennifer McM

4 hours ago, Jennifer McM said:

Thanks John, I discovered he was on Twitter yesterday. As we don't follow each other I couldn't DM him, but I did send him a tweet. I also 'followed' him so he would be able to DM me.

Could you please let him know keys were found by the bridge (two on a ring) and were handed in (as far as I know cos I didn't do it myself) into the CRT Office near to where he's moored. Thanks muchly :) 

Just to add, they may not be his keys, but I've reason to believe they might be.

I have sent them a DM

• Greenie 1

24 minutes ago, john6767 said:

Had a reply from Miner Bill, the keys are not theirs.

Thanks for that. The reason I thought they were his keys was that his father borrowed a flat screwdriver from us as his partner/girlfriend was locked out of the boat. 

• 2 years later...
On 27/02/2019 at 21:47, john6767 said:

You will find NB Miner Bill on Twitter as @BoaterRalph.  You can contact them there, if you don’t do Twitter let me know and I can DM them with a link to this thread.

2½ years too late, but I am moored behind him

On 27/02/2019 at 20:26, Sea Dog said:

Miner Bill? Nothing to do with a Boater then, surely - that'd have to have been Major Bill! 

I've spotted a fair few ironic boat names over the years, "Penny Wise" springs to mind, but "No Problem" and "No Worries" are the most common.  I also think the the owner of "Home and Dry" must have had cause to regret choosing that name, and as for "Smart Move" and "All's Well"... what can you say.