A glorious afternoon on the tidal Trent

luggsy

Featured Posts

We meet this coaster below Gainsborough. We had stopped alongside a ship waiting for the tide and the pilot on her said if you go now you will meet the Lizzie B and don’t worry if it’s zig zagging it steer like that. We missed. Done all the rivers and up to Ripon with our 50 footer. 

B3E42344-EF88-453A-BE8F-2BB56765CFB2.jpeg

On 01/03/2019 at 13:45, mrsmelly said:

Yep. Do a poll and ask how many on this forum have been up to Ripon or indeed done the lovely Selby canal!! Yet most will have been to the pretty much boring locations such as Braunston and Stoke Bruerne.

Please sir!

Us sir!!

We've been to those two places sir!!!

• Happy 1

On 01/03/2019 at 13:45, mrsmelly said:

Yep. Do a poll and ask how many on this forum have been up to Ripon or indeed done the lovely Selby canal!! Yet most will have been to the pretty much boring locations such as Braunston and Stoke Bruerne.

Me too.  Been to Ripon, and Braunston and Stoke Bruerne, oh and Boston.

E4495627-521F-4587-95CC-8976D6E37DC2.jpeg

On 28/02/2019 at 16:53, mrsmelly said:

I have always found its more fun meeting one at Skew bridge in Knottingley ? theres plenty of room on the river to dodge em but at skew bridge if you dont have vhf!!! They always used to announce on the approach to the bridge with inbound/outbound and if ya didnt have vhf which I didnt the first few times it could be nowt short of a change of underwear!!

The actual terminology is “Upgate or Downgate”?