Urgent: chapatti/bread:?

LadyG

Featured Posts

I needed some bread and was going to make soda bread, but picked up a pack of flour for "instant bread".

Anyway, added more flour and more yeast, it's growing.  I think it will make a small chapatti and a small loaf, not sure how to make chapatti?

Edited by LadyG

8 minutes ago, LadyG said:

I needed some bread and was going to make soda bread, but picked up a pack of flour for "instant bread".

Anyway, added more flour and more yeast, it's growing.  I think it will make a small chapatti and a small loaf, not sure how to make chapatti?

Too late. Chapati is unleavened.

Just now, Captain Pegg said:

Too late. Chapati is unleavened.

I assumed the , "instant bread" was unleavened,... but it still rquired "time".

I can smell the bread rising, I have oven "on"

I still need chaptti to go with my curried chicken and basmati rice left over from yesterday

10 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Chapattis are a doddle but I wouldn't start from where you started :)

if it's looking like a poor rise bung in some cheese and chilli, it tastes so lush it don t matter how fluffy it gets

Just now, LadyG said:

I still need chaptti to go with my curried chicken and basmati rice left over from yesterday

Flour/water/salt, mix leave for 1/2 hour  roll flat and thin, cook fast on  a dry pan

1 minute ago, LadyG said:

You said you'd added yeast. Left over rice. Be careful.

cheese and Chilli have nothing to do with chapattie, sry, this is like using holly leaves to kindle a Squirrel, losing the Faith

6 minutes ago, Captain Pegg said:

You said you'd added yeast. Left over rice. Be careful.

Good God, I am an Expert, .................  boiled rice is OK if it is refrigerated overnight at Temps under 5 degrees C.

Bacillus Cereus is a toxin producing Bacillus, but only in warm conditions. eg Chinese restaurants, 

Edited by LadyG

Self raising flour and water with a pinch of salt. Mix to any consistency and drop spoonfuls into hot fat in a frying pan. Turn once. Variations include adding herbs/tomato sauce or any other flavouring. Pufties fed many a canal camp

• Greenie 1
  • Happy 1

Finest selection of traditional bread in the country is made and sold at The Handmade Bakery alongside the Huddersfield Narrow Canal in Slaithwaite,(pronounced Slawit)  It's almost worth braving the HNC to visit it.

After eating their bread any other tastes crap and,dare I say it,even homemade.

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Mad Harold said:

Finest selection of traditional bread in the country is made and sold at The Handmade Bakery alongside the Huddersfield Narrow Canal in Slaithwaite,(pronounced Slawit)  It's almost worth braving the HNC to visit it.

After eating their bread any other tastes crap and,dare I say it,even homemade.

I have had bread from there and you are right, stopped now as mate now lives in Rotherham gutted