Gloucester to London by canal

keithgell

Featured Posts

Gloucester lock is still closed.  They aim to start fitting the dam next week so they can finally empty the lock...................

Even if the lock were open, the river is still closed up to Diglis lock, though levels are falling.......

Edited by Chewbacka

Just now, Chewbacka said:

Gloucester lock is still closed.  They aim to start fitting the dam next week so they can finally empty the lock...................

Even if the lock were open, the river is still closed up to Diglis lock, though levels are falling.......

Well, that answers one or two of the questions then.

On 27/02/2019 at 14:14, keithgell said:

Thanks.  I might be panicking, but my daughter is not worried in the least.

This may sound harsh but I'm not surprised. Why would she be? Any problems and she dumps them on her dad who seems happy to take up the load.

She buys a boat in Gloucester and expects Dad to move it to London. She appears to think she can just moor up anywhere she likes rather than (easily) research the requirements. Its dad who turns up here asking the questions, not her. Hardly sounds committed to the lifestyle, does it? 

Harsh hat off now...

22 hours ago, rusty69 said:

Sharpness sea lock!

Should I rise to the bait???

• Crew - no experience of anything
  • unknown condition / capability of boat
  • BSS
  • Seaworthiness

Not necessarily a showstopper - but needs addressing / resolving.

On ‎24‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 20:08, Chewbacka said:

I need it fixed by mid April as I have a trip planned and i’m starting to get twitchy.........

I'm getting twitchy and am not considering before June/July. CaRT's performance in other areas is not exactly reassuring.

9 hours ago, Ex Brummie said:

I'm getting twitchy and am not considering before June/July. CaRT's performance in other areas is not exactly reassuring.

I think you'll find that they've met or exceeded ALL of their cycling targets! ;)