Drained Rochdale in Manchester

Kendorr

Featured Posts

There are several members of this forum used this same box trunk (plughole) to drain the canal  40+ years ago. This was to enable the same lock clearance as C&RT. That effort in the 70's was entirely  done by volunteers and achieved  the  clean invert in the lock ,as  shown in the video. Some machinery was used back then as well,including craning an excavator into the bottom of the lock. All  of the Rochdale 9 were similarly treated.

Well done  C&RT for finally  realising that complete lock chamber clearance is the way to go.

3 minutes ago, jonathanA said:

I couldn’t quite believe anyone could get so excited by a stream in a culvert and a drain hole 

takes all sorts I suppose 

I couldn’t stand him yammering on. I turned it off after a few minutes. 

11 hours ago, WotEver said:

I couldn’t stand him yammering on. I turned it off after a few minutes. 

I've seen far worse on YouTube by people supposedly successful Tubers! In any event, I am always delighted to see people who are enthusiastic about their subject - cynicism is far too widespread (and I have a tendency that way . . . ) Better and more informed than some videos that just put up unedited and endless cam viewing with no meaningful commentary.

• Greenie 2