Liverpool Albert Dock Moorings

Steve Manc

Featured Posts

Hi

I plan to visit Liverpool Albert Dock C&R moorings this summer. I have looked on their website and note the moorings start at number 7 and end number 22.

Does  anyone have a layout / photo of the moorings they can post?

Does number 7 and 22 have a open water side when you are moored up?

My reason for asking is we like to moor with our bedroom window on the water side with the view of less noise in the morning.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Steve Manc said:

Hi Everyone

Hi Pearley, yes you are correct. I have just spoken to C&R who have confirmed moorings are 1 to 46.   

This link shows the moorings https://goo.gl/maps/sx4Psatw2Po

I am booked in for 28th June, mooring 22 if anyone wants to say hi.

Cheers

Very very wise as not during flippin school olidays ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/02/2019 at 10:41, Steve Manc said:

Hi

I plan to visit Liverpool Albert Dock C&R moorings this summer. I have looked on their website and note the moorings start at number 7 and end number 22.

Does  anyone have a layout / photo of the moorings they can post?

Does number 7 and 22 have a open water side when you are moored up?

My reason for asking is we like to moor with our bedroom window on the water side with the view of less noise in the morning.

Thanks

Hi

Plan of the moorings on the last page of this document https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/refresh/media/thumbnail/38057-liverpool-canal-link-skippers-guide-may-2018.pdf

On ‎26‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 11:22, Steve Manc said:

Hi Everyone

Hi Pearley, yes you are correct. I have just spoken to C&R who have confirmed moorings are 1 to 46.   

This link shows the moorings https://goo.gl/maps/sx4Psatw2Po

I am booked in for 28th June, mooring 22 if anyone wants to say hi.

Cheers

I thought you wanted to be on the outside? Wouldn't you have been better in 2, 9 or 11?

17 minutes ago, Old Son said:

I thought you wanted to be on the outside? Wouldn't you have been better in 2, 9 or 11?

They offered me 7 or 22 at the time of booking.  Happy with what I have at present. ?  looking forwards to it, lets hope we have a summer like 2018.

On 26/02/2019 at 11:06, pearley said:

I see you are talking about Albert Dock. Ard you sure there are visitor moorings there?

On 26/02/2019 at 11:46, Chris G said:

I think you'll find the moorings are in Salthouse Dock, 'behind' Albert Dock.

46 minutes ago, johnmoly said:

Narrowboats definitely moor in Salthouse Dock, the Albert Dock is used for yachts and other small boats.

For clarity, Albert Dock has permanent moorings, the visitor moorings you get allocated when you book into Liverpool are all in Salthouse Dock on the North and East walls.  The moorings in the South-West corner are permanent moorings.

There a currently a couple of narrowboats in the Albert Dock, but they are on long term mooring contracts.

And it's quite nice white water in Salthouse at the moment - 60+ mph winds and the water is getting lumpy!

Edited by TheBiscuits
Direction!

47 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

For clarity, Albert Dock has permanent moorings, the visitor moorings you get allocated when you book into Liverpool are all in Salthouse Dock on the North and East walls.  The moorings in the South-West corner are permanent moorings.

There a currently a couple of narrowboats in the Albert Dock, but they are on long term mooring contracts.

And it's quite nice white water in Salthouse at the moment - 60+ mph winds and the water is getting lumpy!

Hi Thebiscuit

Are you a long term moorer in the docks? 

Have you stayed on the visitor moorings in Salthouse Dock if so do you know if boaters can hear the noise of the city at night?

1 minute ago, Steve Manc said:

Are you a long term moorer in the docks? 

Have you stayed on the visitor moorings in Salthouse Dock if so do you know if boaters can hear the noise of the city at night?

We are on the visitor moorings at the moment, and can't hear anything except wind noise and creaking jetties!

More helpfully, city noise isn't much of a problem in Salthouse on either side of the visitor moorings - the boats are usually around 10 feet below the road, so you don't hear it much.  Obviously if an ambulance goes past running a siren you will hear that as the road runs along the dockside.