Post approval in links directory - split from; Signwriting

Featured Posts

A bit :offtopic:but why is there a light brown banner on this thread telling me " Your content will need to be approved by a moderator"?  it appeared after I made the last post on this thread, also is there any reason why site staff banners are now now a light brown, instead of blue, like the rest of us?

Edited to add:-  I now have a purple banner telling me that my post has been hidden, what have I done to deserve this dicrimination, or is everyone getting it?

Edited by David Schweizer

46 minutes ago, David Schweizer said:

A bit :offtopic:but why is there a light brown banner on this thread telling me " Your content will need to be approved by a moderator"?  it appeared after I made the last post on this thread, also is there any reason why site staff banners are now now a light brown, instead of blue, like the rest of us?

Edited to add:-  I now have a purple banner telling me that my post has been hidden, what have I done to deserve this dicrimination, or is everyone getting it?

Ive just had the same on this thread David. At moment just on this thread there is a brown banner saying my content will need approval by a moderator ?

59 minutes ago, David Schweizer said:

For some reason every post has to be approved - I know not why but were are approving as fast as we can!

1 hour ago, David Schweizer said:

A bit off topic but why is there a light brown banner on this thread telling me " Your content will need to be approved by a moderator"?  it appeared after I made the last post on this thread, also is there any reason why site staff banners are now now a light brown, instead of blue, like the rest of us?

The site is setup so that new links have to be approved, at one point you couldn't reply to links but we decided that was silly so allowed them, for some reason while allowed the all need approving which gives the symptoms you see (will need approval banner, till you post, then it's unapproved/hiddr till it gets approved) but we can get @RichM to look into that. 

We use the links sections less these days so it may just be this one section that behaves as it does. 

Daniel

1 hour ago, Boater Sam said:

If this cannot be resolved, is the writing on the wall for the furum?

Given the lack of enthusiasm from the Site Staff to rectify their mistake, I would suggest that  the answer is "Yes"  Yet anothe nail in the coffin of an already dying forum.

Edited by David Schweizer

FYI I have done two things:

1. Moved this topic from links directory forum to the general boating forum

2. Left a link in the links directory forum back to the topic in question, so that it can be found and to ensure that it still serves its original purpose as intended by the OP.

Due to how the forum permissions are set for the Links Directory forum, all posts require Moderator approval and this was causing an issue with the ordering of posts and causing frustration among some members.

Prior to now I don't believe this has been an issue given that the Links Directory forum is not typically used for discussion as evident from previous topics posted there. That said, I will look at revising the permissions going forward.

Rich

On 22/02/2019 at 20:42, RichM said:

FYI I have done two things:

1. Moved this topic from links directory forum to the general boating forum

2. Left a link in the links directory forum back to the topic in question, so that it can be found and to ensure that it still serves its original purpose as intended by the OP.

Due to how the forum permissions are set for the Links Directory forum, all posts require Moderator approval and this was causing an issue with the ordering of posts and causing frustration among some members.

Prior to now I don't believe this has been an issue given that the Links Directory forum is not typically used for discussion as evident from previous topics posted there. That said, I will look at revising the permissions going forward.

Rich

Erm, what happened to my post suggesting exactly this, which appeared between posts 7&8 ( in this newly split thread's numbering)?   The thread no longer comes up in Topics to which I have contributed, which confused me at first.

On second thoughts, never mind.