wheelhouse roof

jenevers

Featured Posts

Film faced ply is an exterior grade ply that has a hard plastic type coating. Afraid I’ve forgotten the word that describes the coating. It is used for shuttering when a good face is required. We used to use it to make mounds for our pre cast concrete products. The best is from Scandinavia but as usual the cheapest is from the Far East.

1 minute ago, Dav and Pen said:

Film faced ply is an exterior grade ply that has a hard plastic type coating. Afraid I’ve forgotten the word that describes the coating. It is used for shuttering when a good face is required. We used to use it to make mounds for our pre cast concrete products. The best is from Scandinavia but as usual the cheapest is from the Far East.

Can’t say I’ve ever come across it. Must be great if it’s lasted 18 years! Any idea re suppliers?

3 hours ago, WotEver said:

Googling ‘film faced ply’ brings up loads of phenolic faced ply such as Bufallo Board. I presume that’s the stuff?

Yes, defo phenolic faced ply. 

Why not try corrugated iron ... used the world over..... for ...........

No, thermoset covered ply is the way to go

The reason I suggested aluminum was just because I've seen a few aluminium folding wheelhouses on new build barges and they look pretty good, plus they're maintenance free and much lighter to take down than wood. I guess they must have some disadvantages too. Condensation on the frames I suppose, but the top could be insulated. 

Edited by blackrose