Bote For Sale?

mark99

Featured Posts

26 minutes ago, Fly Navy said:

Ouch - having viewed over 20 NB's these last 4 weeks, this 57 footer is expensive for a 2000 boat with 2500hrs on the engine.

Which one?

32 minutes ago, Halsey said:

So now we know who we all are!!!

Good result for all concerned?

Indeed. Looking forward to Mark99 and Billy99's 2LW's travelling in Convoy.  ;)

• Greenie 1

7 hours ago, Fly Navy said:

Ouch - having viewed over 20 NB's these last 4 weeks, this 57 footer is expensive for a 2000 boat with 2500hrs on the engine.

2500 hours is near as damn it nothing.

1 hour ago, Fly Navy said:

You've not only chosen some shit design narrowboats, you are not looking at good design or longevity of value, you are just looking for an argument...so,,,,

JD narrowboats have the awful design of a front end not usable by normal folks....which would be good with a queen sized bed in the front....but no, they cant do that due to regulations having width and emergency access out of the front side hatch. It also has a hideous pram cover.

Galley pearl looks like a Chinese nail polish parlour without the staff.

The MGM boat isn't even built by MGM, it is built by Measham narrowboats, lazy advertising so what else is wrong with it....

and then the Welsh one..

Built in 2006 using Welsh Steel by CFM Boat builders, this cruiser stern Narrow Boat comes with Eberspacher Central heating as well as a Diesel Stove and of coarse the engine for keeping warm in the cooler months via radiators.

the boats are crap, the adverts not thought through or even spellchecked.

sorry Fly Navy, I have stayed up speshly to investigate your findings and I can only see you as what they term a WUM or crapsockpuppet.

good luck with your further boat purchases and come back here to thank us kindly eh...

• Greenie 3

6 hours ago, matty40s said:

You've not only chosen some shit design narrowboats, you are not looking at good design or longevity of value, you are just looking for an argument...so,,,,

JD narrowboats have the awful design of a front end not usable by normal folks....which would be good with a queen sized bed in the front....but no, they cant do that due to regulations having width and emergency access out of the front side hatch. It also has a hideous pram cover.

Galley pearl looks like a Chinese nail polish parlour without the staff.

The MGM boat isn't even built by MGM, it is built by Measham narrowboats, lazy advertising so what else is wrong with it....

and then the Welsh one..

Built in 2006 using Welsh Steel by CFM Boat builders, this cruiser stern Narrow Boat comes with Eberspacher Central heating as well as a Diesel Stove and of coarse the engine for keeping warm in the cooler months via radiators.

sorry Fly Navy, I have stayed up speshly to investigate your findings and I can only see you as what they term a WUM or crapsockpuppet.

good luck with your further boat purchases and come back here to thank us kindly eh...

That's harsh Matty.

The personal bit that is, not the stuff about the boats. I totally understand why mark99 was interested in the boat he was looking at and why he bought the one he did rather than any of those linked by Fly Navy.

Don't you think it's just the different view of someone who is experienced in what to look for and 'gets' boats versus someone that doesn't?

I suspect you read Fly Navy's "Really?" as a challenge. It could just as easily have been a request for enlightenment which to your credit you have duly provided.

JP

Nb I already have a Roger Fuller boat JP. Billy who I was helping from afar bought the boat.

Now I bet we all recognise this.........

Spec was semi trad, no vintage engine no engine room and Pullman for a studio. Ended up with 62 foot trad, 2lw in engine room and no Pullman. ;)

The boat above with the white interior looks EELady-esque on steroids.

Edited by mark99

27 minutes ago, mark99 said:

Nb I already have a Roger Fuller boat JP. Billy who I was helping from afar bought the boat.

Now I bet we all recognise this.........

Spec was semi trad, no vintage engine no engine room and Pullman for a studio. Ended up with 62 foot trad, 2lw in engine room and no Pullman. ;)

The boat above with the white interior looks EELady-esque on steroids.

I figured it wasn't for yourself.

Oh dear Matty, touched a nerve did we?

I apologise - I didn't realise there was so much snobbery in the NB world.

I guess "Marque Boats" are the dog's bollox then?  (Note to self).

Those who own inferior models must be gutted.

I still think a 19yr old boat with original wall to wall varnished brown plywood panelling where one has to pass through the bedroom if you want a cup of tea or the loo, coupled with a

2500hr, 19 year old engine - is not worth 52,000 drinking vouchers!  There's money to be spent on this fella, yet!

I would value this boat at a starting price of £45k.

But, one man's boat is another man's dilemma I guess.

In the short time I have been researching boats - I have quickly discovered one thing; there is an enormous amount of junk about costing silly money!

Atleast you didn't buy it and you have found a better deal elsewhere - yes?

You just mised this little beauty:

https://www.boatsandoutboards.co.uk/Canal-Narrow-Boats-for-sale/price-fellows-morialta-ii-55ft-semi-trad-stern-narrowbaot/233513

Edited by Fly Navy

Fly Navy, your tone is somewhat inflammatory. I trust Matty's judgement any day over yours, especially when the example boat you provide sold in April 2018. Hardly just missed is it? There is a lot of junk out there, and with respectful posts, you will get lots of help sifting through it from knowledgeable people on here.

• Greenie 2
  • Haha 1