Liverpool Boats

Jon Cartwright

Featured Posts

The only trouble I've had with Liverpool boats was some of the fitouts, not L/B's but others like New Boat Co. One particular nearly new L/P wide beam boat had serious gas leaks and failed the BSS. When I investigated it I found two bad leaks in the gas locker at bubble tester connections and one much more serious very bad leak at the stand alone gas oven on which a parallel thread reducer bush on the gas in port had been screwed in with no sealing washer or any sealant whatsoever, funny the boat never blew up. I presume a Corgi gas or a Boat Gas safe waller did it. Could it have been MTB He, He.:o:) It was a New Boat Co Reading fitout.

2 hours ago, Fly Navy said:

I'm simply flagging up an issue that got another forum (which I am a member of for 20+ years) into serious hot water.

Now they delete ANY post that even smells of slander or libel.

It's got nothing to do with me being new on here. (The forum might be new but British law isn't}

If someone feels they have an issue with any manufacturer, by all means pass this info onto anyone who asks but why not do it in private via a PM?

If you were the owner of a company (which I am sure, some of you are) and you came across a public forum where they were defaming your company - would you ignore it?  of course not.

(I know Liverpool boats didn't operate recently but was not aware it had subsequently been dissolved).

Slagging off a product or manufacturer in public can and will get someone into trouble one day.

But, as this thread has contained no defamation, no slagging off, no libel and certainly no slander, why are you trying to worry members (including myself) who have posted diverse comments, often based upon personal experience, of these boats? This type of thread can be very helpful to prospective buyers, of whom quite a number join CWDF when they are searching for a boat.

Edited by Athy

53 minutes ago, Athy said:

But, as this thread has contained no defamation, no slagging off, no libel and certainly no slander, why are you trying to worry members (including myself) who have posted diverse comments, often based upon personal experience, of these boats? This type of thread can be very helpful to prospective buyers, of whom quite a number join CWDF when they are searching for a boat.

Maybe it is a Navy thing .

Edited by Athy

9 hours ago, reg said:

More than happy with my 2005 Liverpool boat, very good value for money. 

Early boats appear to of had problems which gave the company something of a bad name but problems seem to of been largely overcome once the company was sorted out. Many about and I would say many have said to me that they are happy with them. 

For the price point I personally think they were decent boats if you wanted something practical. 

Just to echo that, we too have a 2005 Liverpool Boat (Isuzu engine and PRM gearbox). Very pleased with it. Never any major issue. We had it repainted for the first time a few months back. In preparation it was shot blasted back to bare metal. Hull still in very good condition. And yes, it is straight and the correct dimensions.

3 hours ago, Boater Sam said:

The thought of John White and Triton did occur to me as I knew of several with Lombardini units.

I know the subtle differences between L/P and J White but what was the connection?

I don't think there was a connection, aside from them both being based in Liverpool. I guess staff might have jumped between the two over the years.

3 hours ago, Boater Sam said:

The thought of John White and Triton did occur to me as I knew of several with Lombardini units.

I know the subtle differences between L/P and J White but what was the connection?

From memory, the difference was about £5,000!

I think John White was (is?) located in Liverpool but I don't know if his firm and Liverpool Boats were connected in any way.

11 minutes ago, Athy said:

What is the problem?

I agree with LG.

If you quote some one, then you are quoting what they said. It is totally wrong for anyone to try and change that quote. Anyone! If the quote had a speeeling mistake then hard luck on the person who wrote the quote. 

• Greenie 1

9 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

I agree with LG.

If you quote some one, then you are quoting what they said. It is totally wrong for anyone to try and change that quote. Anyone! If the quote had a speeeling mistake then hard luck on the person who wrote the quote. 

No, I'm afraid you're mistaken.

19 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

I agree with LG.

I agree.

If any of us mere mortals make a mistake in a post, and it gets quoted, we have to live with it, (as indeed we do in the original post, if we don't notice it within an hour of making it).

A mod should't use their privilege to change somebody's posts to correct their own error IMO.

12 minutes ago, Athy said:

No, I'm afraid you're mistaken.

In your world maybe, but I agree with Dr Bob, and I suspect others would as well.

• Greenie 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

I agree.

If any of us mere mortals make a mistake in a post, and it gets quoted, we have to live with it, (as indeed we do in the original post, if we don't notice it within an hour of making it).

A mod should't use their privilege to change somebody's posts to correct their own error IMO.

Whilst we don't correct other people's typos - though it is sometimes tempting to do so, especially if the typo changes the meaning - it is perfectly permissible to correct our own words, because they are our own.

Strangely enough, we are allowed to correct typos in thread titles - indeed, we are quite often asked to do so by the people who have posted them.

Edited by Athy

1 hour ago, Athy said:

From memory, the difference was about £5,000!

I think John White was (is?) located in Liverpool but I don't know if his firm and Liverpool Boats were connected in any way.

John White worked for Liverpool Boats before setting up on 'is own.

• Greenie 1