Welcome buccaneer66 - New Moderator

RichM

Featured Posts

5 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

They've been around a while, Triumphs.

It says in the bible " and the roar of Moses's triumph could be heard throughout the land".

Now we're getting silly, if your not careful I'll bring out the comfy chair.

6 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

They've been around a while, Triumphs.

It says in the bible " and the roar of Moses's triumph could be heard throughout the land".

Yea, even in distant Bonneville.

4 minutes ago, Athy said:

Yea, even in distant Bonneville.

I've just spent 10 mins trying to find out where that Moses quote comes from in the bible and totally failed. It looks like it wasnt Moses's bike but Joshua's' 'cause Moses was riding his in the hills, according to another quote- so Triumph must have at least sold 2 in the middle east during that period.

edit

Anyone know their bible well enough to find the passages?

Edited by Dr Bob

9 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

I've just spent 10 mins trying to find out where that Moses quote comes from in the bible and totally failed. It looks like it wasnt Moses's bike but Joshua's' 'cause Moses was riding his in the hills, according to another quote- so Triumph must have at least sold 2 in the middle east during that period.

edit

Anyone know their bible well enough to find the passages?

Some years later, our Lord apparently drove a Honda, but was shy about mentioning it: "I did not speak of my own Accord", He said.

His Father had previously had a Plymouth, as evidenced by "He drove Adam and Eve from the garden in his Fury".

(The above discovered while I too was fruitlessly searching for the Triumph reference).

Edited by Athy

10 minutes ago, Athy said:

Some years later, our Lord apparently drove a Honda, but was shy about mentioning it: "I did not speak of my own Accord", He said.

His Father had previously had a Plymouth, as evidenced by "He drove Adam and Eve from the garden in his Fury".

(The above discovered while I too was fruitlessly searching for the Triumph reference).

I don't know why the prophet Isaiah disliked British motorbikes: Woe to Ariel, to Ariel. (Isa.29.1)

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, koukouvagia said:

I don't know why the prophet Isaiah disliked British motorbikes: Woe to Ariel, to Ariel. (Isa.29.1)

Isaiah didn't think much of Velocettes, either: the land of trouble and anguish, from whence come[th].. the Viper. (Isa.30.6)

• Greenie 1