Featured Posts

Hello,

My name is Sarah of Art Design Sign. I am a self-employed Signwriter based in Swindon, I have been signwriting for a brewery for 5 years as well as other avenues including boats and vehicles.

Now that I am self employed I am looking for a wider variety of work and new ventures.

If you are looking for some signwriting or artwork please contact me whether through this site or I have attached my business card below if you would like to contact me directly. If you would like to see my work the following links are for my Facebook and Instagram pages which are my online portfolio:

Facebook Page , Instagram

Quotes are free and I am willing to travel so please do not be put off if you are a little ways away.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Sarah

Business Card.jpg

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Nut said:

good luck in your endeavours I too am self employed and its the best ever choice, will make a note of your business when we have our boat

Thank you, yes it has definitely been a good decision and I am loving the freedom it brings to explore new avenues. Thank you so much I really appreciate that :)

1 hour ago, zenataomm said:

Perhaps once someone offering a service has permission to post their business that fact can be displayed alongside.

Or maybe a watermark confirming it's acceptable could be placed over it?

That's a sound idea.

2 hours ago, Signwriter0405 said:

Thank you, yes it has definitely been a good decision and I am loving the freedom it brings to explore new avenues. Thank you so much I really appreciate that :)

Welcome to the Forum, I have looked at some of your work and it is good, I wish you all the best. You may not realise it, but the two best boat decorater/signwriters in the country are members of this forum, it may be worth your while to get to know them.

57 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Welcome Sarah.

Just thought it might be worth a mention that many of us do not use Farcebook, instagroan or any other such forums.  Do you have a website or other online presence as it may well help you ?

Thank you :)no I do not but it is something I am looking into 

2 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

Welcome Sarah.

Just thought it might be worth a mention that many of us do not use Farcebook, instagroan or any other such forums.  Do you have a website or other online presence as it may well help you ?

You can access the Facebook page as a non-member as it's a public page, although obviously it may still put some people off if they are so inclined. 

1 hour ago, David Schweizer said:

Welcome to the Forum, I have looked at some of your work and it is good, I wish you all the best. You may not realise it, but the two best boat decorater/signwriters in the country are members of this forum, it may be worth your while to get to know them.

Oh wow really? ? I didn't know that. I would love to get in touch and see some of their work if someone can point me in their direction 

1 hour ago, DHutch said:

You can access the Facebook page as a non-member as it's a public page, although obviously it may still put some people off if they are so inclined. 

Yes Ive inadvertantly clicked onto some facebook items before but the stupid pop up asking to log on or join overwhelms the page all too often. Facebook is at last being seen for what it is and hopefuly their abuse of peoples privacy and disrespect of various laws is coming to the forefront. Such platforms make life very easy for criminals in many ways which is a shame as if it were set up and used properly it would have been beneficial to many.

• Greenie 3

12 hours ago, Signwriter0405 said:

Oh wow really? ? I didn't know that. I would love to get in touch and see some of their work if someone can point me in their direction 

The two people to whom I am referring are Dave Moore and Phil Speight, both can be found by searching for them in the members section of the site's search facility. Phil also has a web site at :- http://www.canaljunction.com/philspeight/

Dave does not appear to have a web site but some details can be found on the Norton Canes site :- http://www.nortoncanesboatbuilders.co.uk/home/index.php/painting

2 hours ago, Nightwatch said:

Other signwriters are available. Personally never used a signwriter but the two mentioned above will be considered if ever I need to. 

Has Phil retired to Scooootland?

I am not sure that he has fully retired, as he still decorates boats, and runs traditional boat painting courses, but he has been living in Scotland for something like the past ten years.

10 hours ago, Nightwatch said:

Other signwriters are available. Personally never used a signwriter but the two mentioned above will be considered if ever I need to. 

Has Phil retired to Scooootland?

Yes I have noticed there are quite a few in the boating world and I appreciate that a lot of people would probably consider a more familiar name first ? but everyone started somewhere and I'm happy to say I have been doing this for almost 6 years now and I haven't had a complaint from a customer yet (touch wood ?) ?

13 hours ago, David Schweizer said:

The two people to whom I am referring are Dave Moore and Phil Speight, both can be found by searching for them in the members section of the site's search facility. Phil also has a web site at :- http://www.canaljunction.com/philspeight/

Dave does not appear to have a web site but some details can be found on the Norton Canes site :- http://www.nortoncanesboatbuilders.co.uk/home/index.php/painting

Thank you very much ? 

On 20/02/2019 at 20:53, DHutch said:

The site is setup so that new links have to be approved, at one point you couldn't reply to links but we decided that was silly so allowed them, for some reason while allowed the all need approving which gives the symptoms you see (will need approval banner, till you post, then it's unapproved/hiddr till it gets approved) but we can get @RichM to look into that. 

We use the links sections less these days so it may just be this one section that behaves as it does. 

Daniel

A lot of people seem to be having issues with my thread ? would you like me to redo it or place it somewhere else? I don't want to cause problems for people ?

9 hours ago, Signwriter0405 said:

Yes I have noticed there are quite a few in the boating world and I appreciate that a lot of people would probably consider a more familiar name first ? but everyone started somewhere and I'm happy to say I have been doing this for almost 6 years now and I haven't had a complaint from a customer yet (touch wood ?) ?

I was singing the praises of the two respected professionals mentioned earlier, I was certainly not having ago at your incentive nature. I hope you 'get into' the boating world. The good signwriters are always busy. Another good signwriter will reduce the load. 

1 hour ago, Nightwatch said:

I was singing the praises of the two respected professionals mentioned earlier, I was certainly not having ago at your incentive nature. I hope you 'get into' the boating world. The good signwriters are always busy. Another good signwriter will reduce the load. 

I didn't think you were having a go sorry if it came across that way ? I shouldn't post late at night I end up babbling ?